Saturday, September 8, 2018

Another Annoying Thing

After the kids left and I took Anthony home I started feeling unwell and just kept coughing and having a stuffy nose. By Monday morning I was really sick. I quick made a pot of chicken soup with what ever veggies I could scrap together from the fridge and freezer and defrosted some of the chicken. I really think for the chicken soup to work you should have bone in chicken but oh well didn't have any. But it was still soothing to my raw throat from all the coughing. This was nasty. Slept a lot. Yesterday I felt better and I thought it was over. But oh no I woke up at 3 am choking and coughing and lots of gunk again. Believe me I tried everything for colds and allergies and nothing has worked. Been drinking lots of tea with honey and lemon too. I was finally able to go back to sleep around 5 am and of course then Fred woke me up to go out. I feel a little better again but we shall see what night brings. My stomach muscles are so sore too.

I really need to go to the grocery store tomorrow as I am running out of honey, lemon and chicken soup. So I will make sure I pick up chicken thighs or legs so that I have the bones, and lots of veggies, and tons of tissues.

I tell you get rid of one thing and then I get something else this is so annoying.

Good Night All

13 comments:

  1. Chicken soup with the ones I my theory too, lemon and honey help but usually in 10 days you will be much better, hopefully that time is near and you be like new again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,

      Thanks I sure hope this will be gone soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry. I am finally feeling better from my cold. Nose still runs and cough isn't totally gone but mostly. I agree, the soup needs bones. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,

      Going to fun to the store right now and pick up more supplies for another pot of soup. Thank You

      Delete
  3. Dang hope by today you're doing cartwheels. I don't have a cold but I seem to be out of steam lately...I'm more like the little engine that "should"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      Nope no cartwheels another nasty night slept in the living chair don't like that. I know why your are not the little engine that should.

      Delete
  4. Know what you mean about catching anything going round more as we age. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Kathy also prefers Bone-In Chicken when making her soups and never uses those Barbequed Chickens saying it would ruin the soup.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      I usually buy the big sized packages and then put a couple in separate then a couple to a bag so I always some in the freezer shame on me for not replenishing but on my way. Yes seem we do catch everything as we get older

      Delete
  5. When I get a cold the cough and gagging seems to continue for months. I hope this is not your experience. Once a cold is GONE it is completely GONE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What makes it worse is I already have a constant nasal drip so now it has intesified the problem. Hoping this stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MsBelinda,

    Thank You.
    I am feeling better but this tickle in my throat that causing so much coughing is really getting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can SO sympathize with you. Once your defenses are down from one illness, another one comes along to knock the defenses down even more. Take care of yourself and stay indoors as much as possible. The pets do have to be taken out though.

    ReplyDelete