Monday, September 3, 2018

Happy Labor Day

Not doing anything to much today. My grandson came Sat. and painted my new steps off the porch. I had just enough paint left over to give a first coat and a second coat on the risers. We had planned on going to get another can of paint when he got a call to watch his kids. Well that was a wonderful thing so she dropped them off and the fun began. I hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was amazing to see how much they have grown.  Luckily we had ordered a pizza and we had left overs to feed the kids. Yesterday morning I ran to the store to get some breakfast food for them. I let Anthony use my truck to take them shoe shopping and to buy them some clothes and of course toys.The mother called and said she couldn't pick them up until today. No problem more time for them with their dad. Since I don't have kids coming here I don't have much in the way of kid food but for lunch they had P&J sandwiches yesterday for lunch and I defrosted a bag of chicken nuggets and cooked those up with some mashed potatoes and mixed veggies for dinner. this morning I will fix scrabbled eggs and toast. Lunch is still up in the air. 

Since she didn't send enough clothes he did pick up some clothes for the little guy including underwear since she didn't even send a pair. I did laundry last night so they will have clean clothes for today. Arianna slept in her dad's t-shirt.

I really didn't have that much to do since my grandson is an awesome dad and he was so thrilled to have them. But just watching them is exhausting haha all that energy. They are really good for him and he makes sure they say thank you for the food I made. Love having them here. I feel so blessed. I was going to post pictures but I can't find them.

After not being able to use yahoo for a week, my grandson set up gmail for me so I could get mail and send mail. This morning I tried to see if yahoo  would work and yes it did. I don't know what there problem was.

Right after Anthony and the kids got back from shopping it started to drizzle, within a few more minutes it was pouring rain and thundering and lightening and it lasted well into the night. It was wonderful and I'm sure we are at the right water levels now and out of the drought. Flood warnings had been flashed on our phones but I live up pretty high here so it runs off. It is a beautiful morning, I have the windows and door open with just fans running. The humidity is still high but that's OK!

Wishing everyone a great Labor Day and be safe.


9 comments:

  1. Well I guess you noticed I wished you a happy Memorial Day..lol don't mind me I'm a little bit looney lately. Oh well such is life. Glad you're getting time with your great grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    I didn't even notice haha. I understand completely. We did have a great weekend with the kids. Sure made my grandson a happy dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like not only did you have a great Labor Day but also a great weekend!

    Glad you were the recipient of some good soaking rains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have your Grandson and the kids come visit with you they will sure keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,

    It was a great weekend. They had a blast too
    the next day after the rain the weeds were so happy lol but they went out and pulled all the weeds the kids were so proud of their job.

    Hi George,

    While my grandson watches them and keeps after them just watching them play and be busy knocked me out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. It's nice to hear rain when it's dry. We've had too much but it's better than not enough. That grandson got your internet situation all fixed up. Sounds like he's a great kid! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    Yes it was a great weekend very busy. Yes sure glad things on the computer are all straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup.... children are exhausting to even watch. We got to wonder, what happened to our energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phyllis,

    Yes I keep wondering where it all went off to. But I sure enjoyed seeing them what fun

    ReplyDelete