Thursday, August 23, 2018

Rolling Thunder

I have spent the last 2 days cooking and I am tired. Yesterday I made some red, yellow and green stuffed bell peppers. I used different fillings for a few so it isn't all the same. And for dinner I made zucchini noodles with shrimp, boy was that delicious.

Today I made hearts of palm salad with all kinds of yummy stuff in it. I make it like I make my tuna salad. And also made what was supposed to be zucchini enchiladas, but the harp or what ever that thing is called didn't cut the zucchini thin enough to roll them so I just layered it all, that came out really good to. That tool was washed and added to the donate pile.

Tomorrow I need to make cauliflower so I need to find the recipe I was looking at. I still have 1 more zucchini so I need to think of something for that one.

I'm happy to say my grandson is working. It may just be temporary but at least he can make some money to get him started with bus fare. If nothing further comes his way he can always fall back on the classes through job service.

We haven't had any rain for a couple of days but sure have had some rolling thunder going on. Wed. it rolled on for a few hours and today for about a half hour. But other parts of town have started flooding with all the rain they are getting. 

Monday I was able to get some pictures of the clouds building for the last storm we had on this side of town

Taken towards the west

More to the northwest
 South 


Northwest




North

Just a few minutes more 
It was one heck of a storm, the temp dropped 15 degrees and the wind was strong. But it felt fantastic. Fred and I sat out on the porch until the wind blew the rain right on us.

Good Night All

13 comments:

  1. You hav been busy all sounds pretty yummy. Love your cloud pictures they sure are intense and the temperature drop sure would have been welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if you'd just pour chocolate sauce over all those peppers they would be perfect. Great cloud pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,

    I love trying new recipe for veggies since I eat mostly veggies got to come up with some good stuff. Yes the drop in the temperature was a delight.

    Hi Sandie,

    Chocolate sauce. hmmm Glad you like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it Safely through those storms with no damage. A Bonus when the Temperatures drops.
    Even Kathy tries different ways to make things.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      Yes the winds were really strong but no damage here on this side of town. And the lower temperatures are really nice.

      Delete
  5. The cloud photos are super - they really look ominous! Lucky you to be cooking such good food. I have no energy left to cook anything while dealing with an active puppy! I like to eat good home-cooked food and will be glad when things settle down a bit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest love is my crock pot. You can through just about anything in there and let it cook for you. But these past few days since it was nicer weather I used the oven. Rocky will calm down soon.

      Delete
  6. Good you have a cool down...we have 3 days of nice weather and I hope it hangs around! Actually slept with my window open last night and it got cool! So glad your G.S. got some income coming his way sure makes a difference!! The veggies dishes sound great!!
    Enjoy-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      I spoke to soon about the no rain we are having one heck of a storm right now. LOL The veggie dishes I made have all turned out really well. I didn't get to make the cauliflower today because it needed milk and my creepy body wasn't being very friendly today. Hope tomorrow morning will be better. Hope your weather stays cooler now

      Delete
  7. So glad you got some rain yesterday. I would love to see a drop in temperatures but that probably wont happen anytime soon.

    Good to hear your grandson is working part-time. It is only a matter of time before he has a full-time job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MsBelinda,

    We had a great storm come in last night that lasted a couple hours. While the temps have dropped to the 70's the humidity is 87%.

    Thanks for your good wishes for my grandson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Crockpot Recipe if you don't already have it, Jo. I don't think you have to, but I brown chicken thighs before putting in the pot. A can of Cream of Mushroom soup, and a package of Lipton's Onion Soup--makes a delicious gravy. 6 hours? Serve over rice.

    Glad you survived storms and it is cooler. I haven't been on the computer much so have some catching up to do. Love to Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy,

    Sound wonderful will have to try it soon. We are back to triple digits again, maybe next week will cool down with more rains on the way

    ReplyDelete