Saturday, September 15, 2018

Slow Progress

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I caught this nasty cold. It is taking forever to leave me. I am better but still cough like crazy from the nasal part. And I barely have a voice left. Now if I lived with someone I'm sure that would be a thrill. Fred looks at me like who is this alien who took over my mom. He really takes advantage of this, I guess he figures since I'm not making much sound when I tell him something he can act like I didn't say anything. Yes he is my forever 3 yr.old.

My strength doesn't last very long either. Today I stripped the bed all the way down. I washed the bed pillows first thinking they would be dried or at least close and then after all else was washed  would just throw them back in the dryer. And of course if I would have just tried to dry one at a time that would have worked even better. Well to make a long day shorter I just finished getting the bed back together around 8 pm.. It's a good thing I have the extra pillow from the camper to sleep on tonight since I forgot to put the pillow back in the dryer. I think it will be done by time I go to bed. I'm a 2 pillow sleeper. The other pillow will go in the dryer tomorrow.

Other than that I have not done to much just napping and reading, did some vacuuming and a little dusting. Just a little at a time. 

Going to try going to breakfast tomorrow with my daughter and maybe try to hit the Walmart as Fred never did get his new bed and yes he is not happy about it either. I folded some throw rugs and a small pad from his travel kennel and he pulled them right out. So he has been sleeping in the living room on that bed.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are still not up to par. Have you been to the doctor yet?

    Do you have a Marshalls, Ross or a DD's where you live? Their pet beds are much cheaper than those at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't gone to the dr. I think its on it way out but just taking time.

      I went to what used to be Factory 2 U day and picked up a cheap bed pillow for him he was happy. Oh and yes we have those stores here

      Delete
  2. It is time for that cold to be gone, guess the chicken soup did not do it but I am sure it tasted good and made you feel a bit better. Nice to get you pillows washed, nice and clean again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,
      Well I guess the soup just couldn't kick this cold but yes it sure did sooth my throat and it was soo good

      Delete
  3. Try taking Vitamin C and E together they will help boost your ability to fight colds.
    Dogs are like Children and will take advantage of you situation.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      Have been taking C but not the D.

      Oh yes this little guy is a real stinker

      Delete
  4. Darn that bug really dug in his heels, must have been one of those super bugs! Really hope you turn the corner this week, pillows do take forever to dry...one time tho I put one in the dryer it got wedged to the back of the dryer where the heat element is and it was scorched!! I ended up tossing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      This was the beast of all colds, but I think it's just about over if my sinus's would just dry up. It was so nice to crawl into such a nice crisp bed last night with fluffy pillows. That could have been even worse than just scorching eeck

      Delete
  5. I was hoping that cold and cough would be gone by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      Me too but it is slowly getting there. I even tempted going out for breakfast today and did pretty good.

      Delete