Saturday, October 13, 2018

Can We Say Rain?

On Thursday, it started to cloud up the temperature climbed a bit and the humidity was nasty. I had to turn on the A/C for a bit to get some comfort in the house.  I thought I heard some rain during the night. 

Yes it had rained, Friday was cloudy with intermittent rain and more nasty humidity, then late evening it started to rain harder. I kept busy around the house as it really needed some attention. I stripped down the bed and that was like an all day thing as the machine didn't care for the way things kept settling on one side. GRRRR Finally got it to do it's job but then couldn't dry the sheets and blanket all at once since things kept getting wrapped in the fitted sheet. Oh well I dried the blanket first since I have an extra set of sheets if it was going to get any later. Of course the first thing I washed was the comforter which didn't dry all the way. Finally got it all done. Dusting and vacuuming in the mean time.

And it rained all night and all day today. And I do mean rain. Sometimes it would rain so hard it sounded like a freight train, then it would settle down and just drizzle, then poured again it did this all day into early evening.

Put up a pot of veggie soup as I used the last of the other pot today for lunch. Did more laundry so that is all caught up to.

Oh my it is raining again! I sure hope we see some sun tomorrow or at least an end to the rain.

Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. Oh my that sure does sound like a lot of rain.. Hope the weather soon levels out for you at least by December when we get back out in that area again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,

    I hope it clears up soon too and way before December? But we won't say climate change. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as one of your recent purchases was a boat, you won't have to worry about the rain, LOL. Hoping things dry out for you soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems it rains every where except here to North Alabama. Last heavy rain was in June. Our pond is down about 6 feet. The fish need to grow legs and lung soon. Send those rain clouds east please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I sure hope it clears up tomorrow this is crazy. But did manage some great pictures I will post tomorrow.

    Hi Phyllis,

    If I could I surely would, my cousin lives in S. Cal. and Friday they had their first rain in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy bee! You guys have certainly been getting a lot of rain lately.

    A pot of veggie soup sounds real good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MsBelinda,

    We sure have and our monsoon season ended mid September. Crazy stuff. It was a good time to get caught up on long over due house things. Veggie soup is so easy to make so I use my crock pot even though cooking on top of the stove is faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monsoon in Arizona. Funny! Who wudda thunk. I loved the crock pot when I camped with the ladies' group. Put it on in the morning and forgot about it--I have a big one so it fed a lot of people. Pats to Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you only get a soft rain and not a damaging rain...here rain is back in our forecast..but only a 1/4 inch not 6 inches like the past storms of Florence and Michael. we don't need so I wouldn't care if it just by passed us! Good to get the house cleaned makes one feel good!

    ReplyDelete