Tuesday, November 20, 2018

And Things Go On

When I took the truck in at the beginning of the month they let me know that the transmission needed to be serviced but thought maybe it would be OK to wait until the 1st of the year. Sunday we went to look for a turkey and I looked down and the little transmission light was shining nice a bright. I had already been given an estimate when I had been there earlier in the month. I called right away Monday morning and we set up an appointment for this morning. As they ordered the parts I choice to wait for them to finish. The guy brought in the old parts and they were really bad. So who knows when or if that service had ever been done. They want me to bring it back in for a final inspection to make sure there are no leaks once the new gaskets settle in. I like the service there. And it was a few dollars cheaper than the estimate which made me happy. Well a little happier anyway it still stung but like I said it sure was better than $5,000 for  a new transmission. 

Of course that chunk of change will put a damper on any camping for a while. I still haven't ordered the inverter. I will talk to my neighbor next week to see what I need. When I checked again for the watts on the heater it is only 350 watts.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving with 2 of my grand kids and maybe their mom. I made my apple pie today and tomorrow I will make and Italian cheese cake and a pumpkin pie. My grandson is making the mashed potatoes and a ham,, Aliya will make a green salad and no romane lettuce.  I bought a small turkey just enough for 4 with plenty left for take home. And I will make a turkey soup. It will be simple but I think perfect for us.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you Jo and your family. We are going out to have our turkey dinner and two neighbors will be joining us and then we'll get together at one of the homes for dessert. Daughter is here and son will come down from Socorro and stay a couple of days. Will be nice, always is when we get together. Again good family together days to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      Thank you and you have a Great Thanksgiving also. Glad your children will be with you on this holiday.

      Delete
  2. Nice that you got your truck serviced, should be good to go for a while now. Thanksgiving dinner sounds pretty good .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,

      Yes it's great to have the truck running so well now. And I backed most of the day, glad its done.

      Delete
  3. Those truck expenses can be damaging. Hope yours is lots less than we spent this year. Total over $23,000 of which most was a new diesel engine. Still cheaper than a new truck costing upwards of 70k.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      Yikes I would be walking for sure. They did a great job and it runs so much smoother now. Happy Thanksgiving Phyllis and Len.

      Delete
  4. Glad your truck repairs worked out for you.
    Since the heater is so small a 1,000 Watt Inverter will do the trick. If you get a Pure Sine Wave Inverter it will be better on Electronics and can be used for Medical Equipment.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Thanksgiving with your Family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Thank you for the info, Maybe after the holidays I'll order one.
    Ever since I bought that truck about 4yrs ago when it was cold I had to let it warm up for about 15 min. I thought it was just the way the truck was. This morning I was in a hurry and so after just a few minutes I took off and it shifted perfectly I was so happy.

    Thank You we will surely have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you hate when one of those lights come on the dashboard! I had a little mechanical problem this week too I'm be blogging about it soon I'm sure. I hope you enjoy your meal tomorrow, good everyone is pitching in. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra,

    Yes and especially since I already knew what it was going to cost and hoped it could wait until after the first of the New Year. Hope it's something you can fix on your own your pretty good about that kind of stuff. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete