Monday, February 18, 2019

Baby It's Cold

What in the world? Today the temperature was only in the high 40's and of course quite windy. Rain started around 4pm but seems to have stopped. But they say we could see some snow as low as 3k. This crazy weather could stick around for another week or so.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was grand. Plans to do a breakfast at my house fell through because it was so cold and my grandson didn't want to wake the kids up that early and bring them out in the cold. I totally understood that. So Tracy and I went out and had breakfast at one of our Sunday places, plus she gave me a really nice pair of PJ's and heart earrings. I had receive a e-mail from Kirkland's that I had a free gift and a 25% off coupon there. So hey I don't turn down free gifts. So off we went to Kirkland's. I picked a free candle and bought a little sign that says Live the Dream and a little picture holder that looks like a piece of white birch branch. We headed on home after that and Tracy took off as Anthony asked if I would be home later in the afternoon I told him I would be home until around 5 pm. So he borrowed his mom's car and brought the kids over. My little guy was carrying a bouquet of flowers and  little Arianna was holding the card, plus a huge cheese cake with 4 different kinds of cheese cakes. We visited for a while then their mom came for them and Anthony and I went over some plans for the camper. He put the shelf over the other wheel well and re glued the carpet to the side wall of the truck. Also glued the legs back on to the shelf as I knocked one off then the other one fell off as well. 

I was showing him CheapRVliving video's and he was amazed at what some people do to live in their mini vans and some in their cars. And they are mostly women. He wants to help me set up the camper but it's hard because he doesn't have a car and I can't really pick them up because I only have a 2 seater truck. The only time he is available is weekends as he is working to 2 jobs so he can save enough money for a decent car and not have payments. Smart kid.

Then my daughter Debbie arrived and they hadn't seen each other in a very long time so that was nice and she had Miliany with her and Anthony hadn't seen her since she was very little. He couldn't believe how tall she is. After we said our good byes Debbie and I headed out to dinner and that was a wonderful meal at a place called Cheddars. I had baked fish with shrimp over a bed of rice and slaw and fries in the side. I didn't eat much of the fries as the dinner itself was so filling and we had a spinach dip also. And Debbie  gave me a pretty little gold bracelet.

It had gotten really cold by time we left but Debbie has a really good heater in her car. So all in all it was a great birthday.

Today I just kind of stayed indoors as it was so nasty and cold with lots of dampness. I just went out to clean up the yard since tomorrow is trash day and I had a bag of dead stuff and junk from the shop vac so brought that around to the trash can.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday with family and all, glad you enjoyed it, Suree hope it gets warmer there for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    We didn't get to much rain here but it sure is cold, and still is very cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good birthday, and were able to get the carpet fixed up. We have the dreary cold drizzly rain it is my least favorite type of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    It was a great day. It isn't all that great day here either and now the wind is picking up I was just going to head out the door but nope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Jo. It is miserable cold (I really don't like cold) and all the rain we've been having. Not nice. Mother Nature is on a rampage for sure. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a busy birthday. Let me wish you a belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday with many more to follow. Glad you Enjoyed your Birthday with your Family even if the weather has been miserable.
    Soon your Camper will be ready and you will be on the road enjoying what nature has to offer.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandie,
    Thank You, this has been a very cold winter. I usually don't mind the cold but this is a wet damp cold that just goes right to your bones. This is going to be a really nasty week weather wise. Stay warm.

    Hi Gypsy,

    Thank You

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Thank You.
    I tried to get out and so some work on it today but it was just to cold hopefully next week I can work on it. There should be lots of wild flowers in a week or so do to all the rain, that's if these freezing temps don't kill them off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday JO. Glad you had a great one with your family despite the awful weather.

    I also enjoy the CheapRVLiving videos and I am so proud of the fact that the majority are women many with disabilities or other difficulties but have found a way to overcome their adversities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi MsBelinda,
    Thank You!

    Yes it is amazing how these women have managed to get over the worst things in life. It makes you stop and think about what you have and to be very thankful

    ReplyDelete