Thursday, February 14, 2019

Don't Get Excited!

I know 2 posts so close together.

But first more sad news about another lost blogger. Malia Lane of Malia'sMiles has lost her fight with a aggressive cancer. She handled it on her own terms and wanted to pass with dignity and she did that. May she now be free of pain and RIP.

Our bad weather seemed like a lark.Yesterday was chilly and very cloudy and had rain about 10:30 pm for about 5 min. Today it was supposed to be very cold and heavy rain with 50 degrees. Well it was very cloudy but not very cold at all. So I grabbed the shop vac and headed for the carport. I pulled out and then backed in. I set to work vacuuming out the camper boy it was so dirty. Someone had moved my battery and made the carpet get all crooked try as hard as I could I couldn't get it straight again. So when such person gets here they are going to climb in there and get it fixed. I kept going back and forth about what bed to use. I was almost ready to drag out the one my friend made but then remembered that it had a middle leg and I lose a lot of storage. The cot is way to low and there really isn't a way to raise it up and it also has the middle leg. So the original bed will be put back in. I  ordered the leg risers today as that bed is also to short to fit the 11 1/2 in. bins under. The ones I had used before are now under a chair in the living room. I'm going to reverse the set up as all the weight was on the left side. This will take some getting used to but it is the best thing for the truck. Tomorrow I will get in there and move the shelf I built to go over the wheel well to the other side and affix it to stay in place.
I'm not sure if I will keep the coffee maker, the more I think about it it is way to big and I really don't drink that much coffee. It's just another large item I don't need to lug around. If a large group was going along then it might be worth taking. 
I'm really getting excited about taking a trip so if the weather gods ever decide to play nice maybe in a couple of weeks I can do it.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Going on a trip sounds so exciting, hopefully the weather co-operates and you can get out and about, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    Yes I don't think I have been out since 1 trip last year. I have been so ready to go for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making certain the Battery doesn't move around in your Camper is an important part of being set up.
    Looking forward to reading about your new adventures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    It was set up until she shoved it over GRrrr then they wonder why I don't let anyone use my truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be able to bring your big pot along on a trip when you are gonna stay put a week or so and set up your canopy. Long as you don't have raccoons they raided my canopy one time! Enjoy getting it all set up that is part of the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    Colman messed up on these pots. The carafe is glass I can see me breaking that right out of the gate. If I could find an insulated one then it might be worth taking. But the thing is really big and makes 10 cups Of course and only need about a 4-5 cp one. I have a regular coffee pot and I also have one that works off the lighter outlet. I used it a couple times and it makes great coffee and has a thermal cup that the coffee maker uses as it's pot so it's all in one. And the place I'm going has lots of wild life including bears but they have bear proof foos storage lockers at the campsite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting ready to go someplace is exciting, and I'm excited for you. I used to take my one burner Coleman stove that uses a propane cannister, plus a Melitta coffee system. The caraffe is glass but I didn't have any trouble as I carried the box it came in and that keeps it pretty safe. It's just the carafe and the filter basket and so simple to make great coffee. I hope you get to go someplace soon and I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to chuckle when I read about your coffee maker. Now that we have a much smaller RV than we ever had before, space is at a premium. This morning when I made coffee I realized we have THREE in here. A small regular electric one that make 4 cups. I small Keurig. And one a forgot about. It's a blue agate pot for when we don't have electric and can use it on the gas stove and camp stove. I would say we are SET.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get to go camping very soon, dear. Good for the soul, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gypsy,

    Thank you for being excited for me. I have a Melitta plastic piece that sits on top of my coffee mug that works great. The problem with the coffee maker is the box is huge and I have such a limited space. If this weather does change it may be another month before I can get out.


    Hi Phyllis,

    Yep we sure don't want to not have coffee. I like the little one that plugs into the lighter deal, if it's raining or cold I can make my coffee in that the perculator for the stove is good for heating water to do dishes or making cowboy coffee, plus the Malitta top for just a really good cup of coffee.

    Hi Jim My Friend,

    Me too it has been a long time but this weather is a pain in the kneck and seems to be going on for another week or so. And my soul is in need of a trip

    ReplyDelete