Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Just Messin Around

Thought it was time to check some of my new camping gear out. The new stove is a one burner and doesn't have a wind screen. I was about to throw a cookie sheet away when I thought maybe I could use it to make a wind screen. I knew it wouldn't be big enough for three sides. I had passed it by my friend Sondra of My life my art my journey and I thought maybe I would just buy those foil sheets you put on the bottom of your oven I thought to buy 3 sheets but Sondra said, 2 should be plenty. When I went shopping I found them and they came 2 to pk. I also picked up some metal clips, of course I grabbed the wrong box I was looking for the larger size. Yesterday I brought in the stove and messed around a bit and made a few adjustments and managed to use the clips by pinching the foil together with a pliers. It worked great. BTW I kind of got the idea from George, of Our Awesome Travels, when I saw him use a 2 sided deal for his Weber Q, George, used what looked like aluminum siding and he added hinges to make it fold able. 
Since I took this picture I crimped the sides together so they are flush together
Today it was time to test the coffee maker since I have never tried it since my friend Lucy, bought them at an online auction. Can't beat the price of $10. So I cleaned it up with a damp clothe and carried it out side to the stove, using a bit of vinegar and a pot of water I ran it through the machine.


The coffee maker works great. After running the vinegar water through once I then ran clear water to get rid of the vinegar smell and taste. If it isn't to cold out in the morning I may make my coffee out on the porch. I did a little vacuuming out there today and tomorrow I will finish that job. It was a beautiful day out today and I sat out on the porch for the rest of the day.

Yesterday I had a visit from one of my friends  Trini, who is here for the winter  she stopped by yesterday to pick up a few pieces she was buying off me and to just visit. We are making plans to do some shopping in Green Valley, this is going to be really good for me. As it will make me go out and do things. She sent me a quick text today saying she lost an earring and did I find it. I had not found anything but said I would surely look. It was early evening so the light was fading, I turned on the light in the living room and that diamond sparkled right at me. I don't know how I didn't step on it as many times as I walked over that spot today with shoes on. I know I couldn't hurt the diamond but the setting would have been another story. She was so grateful she came right over carrying a bottle of wine LOL I was just so happy I didn't continue today to shampoo the rug or run the vacuum.

Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. Great Idea for the windscreen, you did a wonderful job, Thanks for the shout and enjoy you coffee in you new coffee maker. Interested to hear how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it when I come up with an alternative plan AND IT WORKS. That is a good idea for your wind screen, I have filed that in the back of my mind (which is probably not a really good idea at this age when it is harder to search for stuff these days). I have some stuff I want to start doing in my trailer but need temps in the 60ยบ pus range over a string of days in a row, not here and there. Today is overcast and chilly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,
    Coffee maker works great I was going to make coffee out there this morning but 44 is a bit to chilly for me and I still need to clean the porch up it's filthy from a long windy winter.

    Hi Emily,

    Yes today it will be in the mid 70's but by tomorrow drop down into the 60's and all down hill from there again into the low to mid 50's with more rain. Well at least the drought is over which no one will complain about for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting things ready for camping is good so you avoid problems on the road.
    Good thing you found that earring.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you didn't vacuum the rug before you found the earring...It's always a great feeling to sit outside on a beautiful day Im looking for a porch rocker for my front deck. This is the time of year I can enjoy sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick and Kathy,
    Yes camping may not happen for another month with this crazy weather but at least I will have everything checked out.
    I was so happy I found it Trini was so upset.

    Hi Sondra,

    I am happy too. Today was supposed to be in the mid 70's I don't think it even reached the low 70's. So I didn't get much done out there today and we are supposed to get some really bad rains again and they are already talking about flooe warnings and it hasn't even rained yet Oh well maybe it won't rain at all and it will be in the 70's

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for your wind screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have the same 1 burner stove. Does yours run on propane. The last time i used it was early in the morning in the Shenandoah to make coffee. A ranger pulled up and told me there were bears in the area. I drank that coffee right quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MsBelinda,
    Thank You it worked great when I tested it on the porch.

    Hi Gypsy,

    This stove works on butane after my fingers got burned with the propane when the pin fell out of the stove connector I went with the butane. It's much easier to connect too just put the can in the slot and clip it in and lock it in place.

    ReplyDelete