Sunday, May 26, 2019

Happy Memorial Day


With the high winds we are getting High Fire Warnings. I don't know if they have stopped people from having fires in the mountains but I would think so for today. I haven't seen anything for tomorrow so hopefully it will be a nice day. 

I did my Sunday thing with my daughter today. But  I stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought an exercise bike, armed with my coupons I got a great deal on it and I found the grill mats there also. Now to figure out how to keep the skeeters from making a lunch meal out of me.

We also ran into Walmart as I needed some new interior door knobs and Fred needed a new bed again and some filters for the A/C.

The dog beds have this cheap stuff on the bottom and Fred loves to turn them over for some reason but then scratches his spot and tares them open. Then I have stuffing all over the room. I found some left over material from a project and used that to sew it to the bottom of the bed. See how that works out.

I have all the donation stuff out in the carport for Tue. pickup. I'm going to park my truck at the neighbors house so they have easy access to the pile. 

Tomorrow I have to reload the truck with my camping gear that I had to remove to get the bike in there. It folds up pretty small and my daughter carried in the house and she had a little trouble unscrewing the knob to unfold it but she managed. I'll take it a little at a time until I work my way into the tougher settings. It has a panel for readings but since it was the floor model I didn't get the book but I will look online to see if I can find it. It also has the arm pulls for upper body. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day but lets not forget those who sacrificed their live for us to have this day. And Please Do Not Drink and Drive.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your exercise bike and the gill mats, they work for some grilling projects especially when using BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best on this Memorial Day remembering the true reason for it.
    So you don't get all cramped up start slow on the bike. Ten minutes every other day for a week may not sound like much but your body will feel it. Then you can start every day at Fifteen minutes for another week. After that you will be able to set your own limits because your body will become used to it. Having your own equipment is the best way to do it but remember to drink lots of water.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the exercises.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,

    I can't wait to try it out. Now how to rid myself of the skeeters nasty little buggers they love me. Guess I will have to spray myself down.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Thank you Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have cotton balls all over the living room. Rocky will put cotton stuffing out of anything he can. I don't know why I keep buy him new stuffed toys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey scratches his bed but he is not strong enough to rip the fabric..good luck with your bike, Glad you got a good deal!

    ReplyDelete