Tuesday, July 9, 2019

What Have I Been Doing

I haven't been doing to much as the heat has been awful. But yesterday and today the mornings were great. I was able to open the windows and door to let in some fresh air. It didn't last to long but it was nice. As soon as I felt it getting a little warm I closed up the house to keep it cool longer. This morning was really nice and I was loving it. I went out and cleaned up the yard and bagged it all up and put it out to the curb for trash pick up. Then showered and ran to the store to pick up some refills and a few groceries.

By time I left the store the heat was on the rise.
 The other day I was in the shed and was looking around for the next stage of cleaning up. Up on the smaller loft I could see lots of junk that needs to go. As I looked around I spotted a box with a brand new mini blind. I got out the ladder and took it down. I brought it in the house and let it lay flat for a couple days. On the weather today it said the heat was going to rise back up to 107 and the humidity was going to sky rocket with the onset of the monsoons which means the temp will be more like 110 +. Well it was time to put that mini blind up in the front window. I had a paper shade up but that alone does not block the heat. So I folded it up the best I could and installed the mini blind behind it. Those junkie screws that come with them are always a problem so I went digging in my tool box and found a couple sheet rock screws. I still had trouble with the right side because I had to use my left hand to screw them in even with the screw gun. I finally had to move the stand that was in front of the window so I could get better aim. Boy I'm glad that is done.

I've been doing great on the bike and am up to a little over 7 miles now and anywhere between 50 - 60 min.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Hoot, hoot on the bike. You are really pumping it lady. Yes, the heat is hard but when that humidity shows up, even harder. Been noticing the humidity a little more each day. OUr weather folks say monsoon is delayed a week - good yes/no, maybe not. Daughter is coming to visit next week from Kansas and really don't want the rains to mess our activities up. You keep going on that bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be able to open your windows in the morning, we are no longer able to do that here.

    Good find on the mini blind in the shed and that you were able to get it up yourself.

    Proud of you girl for keeping up your exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Weather Network is saying this will be the New Norm across the planet. (They say there's no global warming.)
    Once you become bored with an Hour on your bike break it up into Two half hour routines and slowly extent your time again. Keep it up long enough and you'll be running a marathon. LOL
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily,

    Thanks for the Hoot hoot on my exercise.
    Yes once the humidity comes it is pretty much unbearable. Yesterday they said this weekend now it looks like a no. So I guess we will just take it as it comes.
    Hope you have a fantastic visit with your daughter!

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Opening the windows didn't go far let me tell you By 8:30 I had to close up already.

    I have no idea how long that blind had been in the shed. I really need to get to cleaning out that shed, no telling what all is out there. I usually do white window coverings this one was almond I guess but it went up anyway there are no windows next to it with white so it didn't matter.LOL


    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I'm not buying no global warming.
    That would be a kick if I could run a marathon LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ti get this things done and your blinds up, good for you putting those miles on everyday. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi George,

    Yes and Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had some nice mornings and was able to get outside. We have some of everything going lately currently it is trying to rain, it's like we are having a thunder storm without rain! I hope it does my grass could use it. I put some window film up on some windows that let in too much sun, its a pain to do but does not block the light...I gave up on trying to install blinds you are so right about the little mounting brackets so tedious. Imagine if you were peddling in a straight line you'd be halfway across America! Hey it would be fun to put that mileage on a map and just see where you would be! :o)TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you're getting plenty done around home. We've got the awful heat and high humidity in Iowa. You mentioned closing up the house - I have to do that too due to the heat. Take care and I hope you get a break in the heat soon! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sondra,

    Does that film stop the heat? Not that I would try to do that job. it would be all lumps and clumps LOL
    Not a bad idea about mapping out my ride to see where I will be.

    Hi Brad,

    I kind of finished a sewing project that I started about 2 yrs ago but it still is a mess. I never did it right to begin with. But this living in a cave setting is not fun. I love the natural light to come in but not with these temps and now humidity added to the mix. But I can't be letting the a/c run full blast because I could never pay the bill. No break in this weather until October sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it blacks the strong light and makes it more filtered light so that helps...It's not hard to put up but you do need a squeeze and a spray bottle of soapy water. I have one that looks like Stained Glass I have not put up yet, I can't decide where I want it to go. Just get a highlighter pen and an Arizona Map and lets see where you are up to now you can estimate your past rides, and lets see where you are now.

      Delete
  10. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete