Friday, August 16, 2019

Cave Living

Just a short post today.

We have had excessive heat warnings all week. I open up the blinds and curtains every morning when I get up so my plants can get some sun. And I can enjoy the light myself. But by 9 am you can already start to feel the heat coming in. So I start closing up all the blinds and enter into the cave life. I'm trying to keep my bill down because it has gone sky high. 

Today it wasn't supposed to be so hot so my daughter Debbie came so we could go to lunch. When I opened that door it was like sticking my head in and oven and it was only 10:30. I through the 
A/C on high and got the truck cooled down and on we went. Since it was still early for lunch I was able to park right at the door and we headed right on in. The heat makes it really hard to breath so after lunch we just came back home no shopping no hanging out anywhere. This heat will last at least another 10 days with highs at anywhere from 108 to 113. 

So as soon as I get up tomorrow I need to get grocery shopping done as I will not be leaving my house again.

I had to cut back on the bike because of the heaviness of the air even with the A/C running and a box fan blowing the cold air at me. But I still ride every day just not as many miles. I do lots of reading and puttering around the house.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Taking things easy in the heat will help you get by much easier hopefully it will cool down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humidity has been thru the roof here! Weatherman said temps lower but he never mentioned the higher humidity so it feels no different. I had to change my shirt 3 times this morning, trying to get my out door chores done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,

    Ran to the grocery store at 7:30am. Looking at another 10 days of this. But just takng it slow and easy.

    Hi Sondra,

    The humidity is still a little high here but with these temps you just don't want to do much and nothing at all outdoors. We just need to stay cool indoors

    ReplyDelete
  4. JO, I feel your pain. At least you open your blinds and curtains in the morning, I do not even do that.

    The house stays like a cave all summer and then some. The trees shade mom's old house and with the ceiling fans going and the A/C on 80 we have managed to keep the light bill down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,

    I don't get to leave them open for long but at least a little bit helps. This place doesn't have much insulations so it is really hard to keep it cool, but I keep the thermostat on 78, which keeps the house at 80.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought our weather was horrible when we hit 106. I hope it never climbs any higher than that. We can all dream of a nice autumn and a cool winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy,

    This is a crazy hot summer. They say by next Friday it will cool down for a few days. Yes I think I'm going to put our my Welcome Fall pillow see if that helps

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand about the heat. We've got the corn "sweating" about 49 to 56 billion gallons of water PER DAY in Iowa. It's crazy how humid it gets. I'm going conservative on the A/C bill too. I hear the neighbors setting theirs stone cold and then they get high bills. It's sure expensive!

    Take care Jo! Cooler weather is right around the corner. You have moderate winters at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does feel like cave living with the drapes closed, no lights on and AC running quietly. I want to go outside so bad but the gnats are so terrible in the mornings and evenings (and too hot in between). And some of the gnatty things bite with their chopper teeth and leave big welts. Sometimes I look like I have the chicken pox! Wish I could use some of the essential oils recommended. Oh well, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brad,
    This has been the beast of all summers and then when the humidity hit with it man you just don't want to move.
    I keep telling myself that Fall is almost here.

    Hi Emily,

    Yep no lights no open curtains or blinds. I had to go out and clean the yard this morning while it was cool out but man the skeeters were ready for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete