Friday, October 18, 2019

Beautiful Weather

The temps have dropped into the low to mid 80's and it is wonderful. We had a slight breeze today so it was so enjoyable.

My daughter Tracy and I went to lunch at a place we haven't visited in about a year and we had a nice lunch and out server was a great guy and lots of fun. After lunch we hit a few stores and then came home. 

I bought a Cen-Tech power pack last week or the week before. I took it back today. It was just not going to work out for camping. The only way to recharge it was with electric power so when your out there and not in a RV park it's useless. I charged it up and tested it with my little Road Pro coffee maker and when it was finished the power pack needed to be recharged. Harbor Freight is great about returns and refunds so that was not a problem. After the holidays are over I will buy the Jackery. It can be recharged buy plugging it into the 12V in the truck as we drive down the road and can also be charged with a solar panel.

Had a scare with my pup this week and he was very sick so trip was canceled once again. By time I was able to get him into the vet you would never know he had been so sick. We don't know if he ate some mesquite pods which can kill your pet or if he may have Giardia. I don't even have a stinkin mesquite tree but my neighbor does and it is hanging way over into my yard. I'll have to see what I can get done about that. I do not have plants in my yard so there isn't any standing water for him to contract the giardia so he may have had from before I adopted him and it has been dormant all this time. Anyway he is fine now and doing just great.

If I don't answer comments that means I am off line and will answer when I am back on, this may take place Monday.

Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. It is about time you had some nice cool weather.

    I can hardly wait for Harbor Freight to open in my town.

    Glad to read that Fred is feeling better. Is there anyway you can get your grandson to prune the part of the mesquite tree that reaches your property?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have cool air but some rain in now moving in, still getting things done as you might expect, got both my propane tanks filled so Im ready for those chilly nights! Glad Fred is now OK it's so scary since they can't tell you how they feel. Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MsBelinda,

    I am so gratefull for this wonderful weather.

    Yes Fred is fine now. I don't have a ladder to reach that high up so I can't cut the limbs. I think it would be better to cut them from the trunk of the tree to keep this from happening.

    Hi Sondra,

    Making things ready for the chilly nights is always important. Thanks for asking about Fred. You enjoy the weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Fred is doing better.
    Most Cities have bylaws in place that allows you to trim a neighbour's Trees or Shrubs that overhang into you yard. That might save Fred from getting sick again.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for Fred; worrying when a pet gets sick is like worrying when a child gets sick.

    Years ago I bought a Melitta coffee system for camping, and it will work fine if the power goes out. I have a 1-burner propane stove that I can heat water to pour through the Melitta filter & coffee grounds. It really makes a spectacular cup of coffee. I also went out and bought a hand grinder as I love grinding the coffee beans fresh in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I can cut the tree but I do not have a tall enough latter I'm going to present this problem to the board and see if they can't get the home owner to have him cut the limb from the tree to prevent this from happening again.

    Hi Gypsy,

    Thank You for the well wishes for Fred.

    I have the Melitta system as a matter of fact I just bought the collapsible one. They really do make great coffee. The reason I want to be able to use the Road Pro is because it is cold and dark now early in the morning. My camper is way to small to use any kind of flame in it. I bought the store brand coffee last week and so I have been useing my old Melitta in the house since it will make a stronger cup. Gotta love the Melitta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo! I am sorry to hear about the dog getting sick. As a pet owner, I feel worse when my babies are under the weather than when I get sick! That's a bummer about the power pack. I know that a coffee maker - or anything that generates a lot of heat - can really use a lot of current. It's good that Harbor Freight is kind about their refund policy! Take care! Glad to hear the weather has moderated! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    Visit our Website for more Info: https://7anonymoushackers.wordpress.com
    ®

    ReplyDelete