Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Had To Do It

It has been quite warm here the start of this week. I had to turn on the A/C and it smelled moldy. Luckily I only had to fun it for a little while to cool off the house. So I sent a message to my 
A/C guy and he was here this morning. I put on my mask and let him in and backed away. He never had to leave the laundry room as that is were the coils are that needed cleaning. I stayed in the computer room while he worked. When he was done he called me from outside to ask me to turn on the A/C. I did and he checked the outside unit and put it all back together. I had the check written out and he gave me the price, I went out and he backed up so I could put the check in his tool bag. I love this kid. When he left I cleaned all the surfaces down with alcohol and used the little bit of disenfecting spray I had left also spraying it into the vent fan so it could blow through the house vents and house. I waited a while for the spray to run its course and then removed my mask and gloves, the glove went right out to the trash and my mask was immediately washed. 

Since not knowing this virus was going to last this long I was running out of come staples, eggs, ground beef, fish and a few other things. So changed my clothes and took off for Safeway. I had a clean mask and extra gloves in a baggy in my purse. Got them on and went right to the places of the things I needed. I was able to buy everything on my emergency list but the disenfecting things. So I ran to the Family Dollar Store and found everything I needed YES!

So home I went and put the bags on the porch. I am using my laundry room for the staging area. I put some alcohol on some rags and one bag at a time I brought things into the house and wiped them down. I put all the bags in one bag and threw it down on the ground next to the garbage can.

Once the cold stuff was in the fridge I took off my clothes and everything went right into the washer.

So know I am ready for the duration I hope.

But I couldn't believe how many people had no masks and act like nothing is going on in the world. I keep hearing people say how little traffic there is where they live. Well the traffic was horrible here. This is very scary indeed.

Please follow the guidelines so this virus dies already before more PEOPLE DIE.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your A/C serviced and that your handyman followed all the rules.

    I like all the steps you followed to make sure everything was wiped down and disinfected. I am still amazed that people are not wearing masks in some parts of my state in particular in Houston as my friends tell me it is really bad there.

    Congratulations on being ready for the duration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you followed the guidelines for not only the service call but the shopping as well.
    Some people just don't get it because they listen to someone spewing misleading information rather then the experts giving the facts.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Isolation.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MsBelinda,

    Michael is licensed HVAC I have known him since he went to school with my daughter. And now owns his own bisiness I'm so proud of him.

    It worked out really well yesterday as who knew this was going to last this long.


    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Yes I was stunned to see how many people running around and not keeping their distance. Or that the store was allowing so many people in the store at once. I just hope I am now set for at least another month or so

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read where people were arrested while nude sun bathing in Czech Republic. Not because of being nude. Because they were not wearing a mask. Made me chuckle. Strange times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a laugher Phyllis. Glad you posted this for my morning chuckle.

      Delete
  5. Unable to obtain various disinfectant items, I resorted to a small pail that has bleach water in it and I keep a few of those cheap washclothes in the pail all the time and use them to clean off surfaces, grocery items, and so on. I immediately throw the washrag into the washer when done and also wash my hands with soap and water right after. I usually have a small bottle of bleach on hand but when I needed to purchase more back in January, I couldn't find the small size, Am so glad I was forced to buy the gallon size! And bleach is cheaper. Mixture I use is 1/3 cp bleach to 1 gallon water. I change it frequently, since I have so much bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am either at home alone or on a trail somewhere alone, I did my shopping and immediately cleaned off my hands with alcohol, when I removed my gloves. I hope this will be over soon. Must have a working AC with summer on the way so good to get it serviced and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phyllis,

    Thank You so much for the laugh! LOL
    Stay well


    Hi Emily,

    No one has bleach yet. So I was happy to get the large bottle of alcohol, pine sol and Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, they are all disenfectants and I can always use them in cleaning down all the grocerys and other items I have to purchase. All plastic bags either get emptied out on the porch or only one at a time comes in the house and immediately goes out the door. Hopefully I won't have to go out again for a month. Well I will have to run to Lowe's for a hola hoe the weeds are crazy
    Stay well

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes being alone and away from everyone is the key. Yes I keep hand sanitizer in the truck and on my purse and carry spare gloves. Getting the A/C cleaned up was important. Michael is going to get me and estimate for a cooler the a/c is to expensive to run and only want to use it when it is humid

    Stay well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete