Friday, April 3, 2020

I Fixed It!

Our weather jumped right into the mid 80's really fast. Oh well I guess that's how it goes. Think it's time to get a swamp cooler to cut back on the A/C  which I have already had to use at night it doesn't run to long but still it's to early and to expensive.

Still keeping busy. I started to clean the livingroom carpet a patch at a time. It is filthy and drives me crazy. I did a big grocery order today and made sure I didn't forget the rug shampoo as I am almost out and I add Oxy clean liquid to it. 

I found a no sew mask on line and if you google it you can see how easy it is. I made 3 and they can be washed and re used. 

And speaking of sewing I fixed my sewing machine and it works like a champ. Nothing a little bang with a hammer couldn't fix JK. But I sure was getting to that point when I saw something not moving right and bingo fixed it. 

I am missing my granddaughter's visit from CO. and her baby, but they went through 2 air ports and a plane ride so I was not going to take any chances. I was really looking forward to seeing them it's been 3 yrs. I don't know whether she understands or not but it is what it is.

It was such a nice morning that I managed to sit out on the porch for a while. I see a hummer has returned don't know if it is the same one but the ladder back wood pecker seems to scare him off. So I will hange a second feeder and see if that helps. Also have a little verdin that has been hanging around so in today's order I bought a couple oranges for the little guy. Hope he enjoys it and sticks around.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. You jumped into the 80's and we dipped into the 60's. I have yet to turn the A/C on in the house and the light bill was high. I can not imagine what it will be like when it does come on.

    I am sorry you have to miss your granddaughter and her baby's visit. Can you use Skype or all the new chat programs now in existance to see and talk to them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MsBelinda,

    Yes the electric had sky rocketed. Usually in the winter my bill is no higher than $20. this winter it has been no less than $32. It is going to kill me this year unless this miserable virus goes away and I can make it to the mountains, if not I will have to install a swamp which works well when no humid.

    I don't even know if they are still here. I'm not going to do face to face do some circumstances where she is staying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Verdin is such a cute bird...It must be fun to watch them. OMG my electric bill was $113, our power is SO high the highest in the nation. I burn wood and use propane for heat and still...even when IM NOT living here and traveling mine is $50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    OMG! That is crazy I would die. Of course in the summer as of last summer my bill was $189. That was bad enough for me. Yes I love the little verdon and I have some orange to put out for him tomorrow. Myabe if there isn't any wind I will be able to sit out there and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a swamp cooler in my mobile home and it was great and inexpensive compared to electricity for a/c. I usually didn't have to turn it on until Noon because Sac gets cool overnight which usually lasts until 11 or 12N. Now I'll be using a/c this summer and my bills will go up.
    I'm going crazy missing my kids and grandkids, but being in the highest risk category makes me very cautious. I want to see my daughter so bad, but she is diabetic and in her own high risk category.

    I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts about this virus and wonder if it was an accidental or even intentional release from the lab next to that wet market in Wuhan. Nothing is ever going to be the same again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete