Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Somethings Are Showing Up

We had 2 days of cooler weather with high 90's, but back to triple digits today and 105 for tomorrow. Time to remember to put out water for the birds.

Did a big grocery order and it was delivered yesterday. Really stocked up so hopefully will last the rest of the month. I even received the 12 pk of TP and 2 large boxes of tissues. My daughter found paper towels, Lysol wipes, disenfecting spray and flour now all I need is yeast. It was time for laundry soap and fabric softner and that always adds up I even ordered and extra can of coffee. They did substitute some items but that was OK but had to laugh at the 1 tomatoe in place of a container of cherry tomatoes, sure happy I had ordered 3 tomatoes as well. And some items I wanted to order and were out of order so I ordered a different brand and got the ones I originally wanted. So I have plenty of stuff and now I know I can freeze fresh veggies it will last longer.

Sunday, my daughter stopped by with little Miliany and it was so nice to have real peope in the house to talk to and be entertained. Miliany was showing me her dance moves LOL. And I finally was able to give her her birthday gift. I found it at Michaels and it is a craft kit. She loved it and already had my daughter helping her put things together.

And today my new vacuum cleaner came so I put that together and of course I had to try it out. It is so much lighter than the old one and I can set the hight much easier than the old one. Debbie took the old one. But these new ones only come with one wand and no furniture tool. But I had one and I can use the wands from the shop vac if I need it to be longer.

They started opening up restaurants. The last video put out by the Mayor said we needed to drop the numbers first. Well how is it that there was an increase of 200 new cases and still she let them open. I understand that the owners of these places are struggling but what will they do when a huge wave of sick people starts to climb? Me I'm staying put If you need to eat something from a restaurant order curb side pick up or have it delivered.

Stay well and safe

Good Night All 

7 comments:

  1. You are the one who is being Safe.
    Enjoy staying cool and your good health.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your governor sounds like mine does not even follow the White House guidelines. On May 1st the first phase of opening up the economy went into effect and that same day we registered 1000 new cases statewide.

    Glad you got to spend some time with your family as well as stocking up on essentials.

    We have also been in the triple digits and like you registered 105 yesterday thankfully we cooled down to 92 today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot down here in the valley. I'm already tired of having to run the air conditioner. We aren't going into any restaurants either. To go works for us. You got flour??? I guess I just may have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 105! Whew. Not now, not ever. please.

    We've gotten to-go from Cracker Barrel twice in the last few weeks. Supposed to feed 3 to 5. Enough for meals, meals, and more meals both times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Yes I am I have been doing this since March and not going to blow it now.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    He doesn't even follow his own rules. It's unreal so I will just keep doing what I have been.



    Yes it was so nice spending time with my daughter and great granddaugher and last night my other daughter showed up for a quick visit. She works for Red Cross at home scheduling blood donation appt and gets off around 8 pm they are very busy people have really been coming forward to donate blood.

    Yes it is hot! going to make sure I have water out there for the birds.

    Hi Jim and Sandie,

    I hear it is really hot down your way. The mornings are still great so I open up the windows and turn on some fans to blow out the old air LOL. Yes my daughter found it at one of the stores it was the last bag. But I keep forgetting to ask her about yeast. She also found Lysol wipes and spray. She doesn't mind running from store to store and she goes early and waits in lines

    Hi Phyllis,

    Yes so another reason to stay put indoors. I go out in the yard early for some fresh air.

    Boy would I love to have some Cracker Barrel but the restaurant is in Marana and delivery would cost more than the food. Nice to have so much left over for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never did like to eat out (except for Chipotle once or twice a year). I just made a huge pot of soup and I'll be happy as long as it lasts. I only eat two meals a day on a regular basis - breakfast and lunch/dinner. I've heard other people close to my age say they do the same. I snack in the evenings sometimes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy,

    I miss our breakfast or lunches with my daughter so we did it here 2 weeks ago. i still have a few containers of soup in my freezer but I got tired of it so I bought salad fixings sure have been enjoying them

    ReplyDelete