Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Heat Is On!

We are into triple digits already and I am not happy!

Yesterday went out and raked up the mess from the Mesquite tree next door, it's a beautiful tree but it makes a horrible mess. It needs a good trimming away from my yard but...

 I went out very early this morning to spray down the windows as they were filthy. I used a product put out by Windex that you attach to the garden hose. Well the dust is gone but oh the spots. The water here is so nasty. When I used this at my place in the mountains the windows sparkeled. So I will have to get out there again tomorrow and use a pad on a stick with vinegar and water and hope for the best. I hate dirty windows.

I'm happy the cooler is doing a great job keeping the house comfortable. In the morning I open up the house for the fresh air and cool breeze but by 10:30 am I close up and just leave the window in the living room opened a crack to push out the warm air and allow the cooler to do it's job. 

Allergies seem to have calmed down and that is wonderful. Especially since most of the cooler duct work has cleaned itself out with a little help from my shop vac. and constant vacuuming and dusting. Also the trees have stopped blowing pollen everywhere.

My afghan is coming along pretty good and I'm pleased with it. I don't work on it everyday as I need to rest my hands and wrists and work on other things.

Well that's about it for me and the last few days.

Take care stay home if possible and be safe and well

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. I feel your pain we are in the digits as well :-(

    You did a lot of work today JO, I need to one day tackle the windows but it won't be anytime soon.

    Our Republican Governor opens up the State of Texas on Friday (May 1st) but I will be staying home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your new header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice header picture. Isn't the Spring clean up wonderful.
    If you want to send some of that warmth our way we'd happily take it.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy your cooler.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to do windows...its a big job. I counted and I have 23 windows and 6 glass doors!! Its a huge undertaking cuddos to you on getting yours done. I have the ones that tilt in but sometimes the spring could pop off and that is a problem so I don't dare tilt in I do the inside then do what you did hose off the outside. We have had a cool spring, it's nice highs in the 70's I dread it getting hot. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,

    I sent a reply this morning wonder where it went off to

    Our Mayor did a video and said the numbers are still climbing so why would anyone open up anything. What gets me is why haven't they made wearing maskes a mandatory.

    Glad you like the picture took it a few years ago at the place I had up on the mountain. They had a wonderful nursery there. I have never seen such pretty flowers down here.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Thank you. Boy it wasn't all that long ago I could whip out washing all these windows in no time. You can have all this heat if you would like.

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes the windows is a big job, the only one I can reach is the porch side the rest I will need to get on a ladder and I'm not very good at that anymore. But I took the day off today so they aren't done lol I though the big window in the kitchen was like that but I so found out nope the spring came flying out and now it doesn't stay open. Not really a problem to close to the ground. Your weather sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo! I hear ya about the water spots. We have a lot of lime in the water here. It's not the greatest for cleaning. I use Windex and newspapers.

    We're able to open businesses here but very few our opening up. There are a lot of rules involved and most restaurants - including the one where I work - are saying it's too early. I agree!

    Take care! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    I will have to re do them they look terrible. It was Windex but with this horrible water it didn't do very well. I'll go back and use vinegar and I have some ads that came in the mail so I'll use them to dry.

    Way to early to be opening gathering places. I feel really bad for the business owners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete