Thursday, April 23, 2020

Nothing Really

Have done lots of cleaning since the cooler really did blow lots of dust out of the duct work no matter how I tried to vacuum them out. But a good deep cleaning never hurt anything and it isn't like I have anything else to do.

I did another Walmart order and it went very well this time. Still items not available but most of the things were.

Been going out in the mornings to get some fresh air before the winds start up. Stayed out to long the other day and I paid for it. Didn't get much sleep that night due to the allergies kicking up. Things are covered in yellow pollen. 

Have been working on my afghan but wanted to add another color. Amazon prices went up and the first order was for 3 bundles the next time it was only 2 for the same price as 3. Nope not playing the gouge game. I new I could find it at Walmart but just couldn't bring myself to go there. An add popped up for Michaels about curbe side pick up. So I went on the web page and picked out the color I wanted and found elastic for the maskes. They send you an e mail when it is ready. Well it was ready in 15 min. So hopped in the truck and the girl put it in the back of the truck. Back home in 15 min. and no contact with anyone.

As I was going to pick up my order I passed a few gas stations and the price is down to $1.86! Of course I have a full tank of gas since I haven't gone anywhere since I filled up. Oh well can't win them all.

Also been doing some cooking and freezing. I really wanted some spinach but they never have any frozen and only fresh was available. I googled to see if it could be frozen and sure enough. So now I have spinach for when I want it. 

Tomorrow my daughter is going to stop by, she has been working from home and staying put so we are both safe. It will be nice to have some human contact and with a special person.

You all stay safe and well.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Wish we had more stores with curbside service...heck wish we had more national stores.

    Glad your Walmart delivery was better this time around.

    I have no idea how much gasoline is going for since I have not left the house in two weeks. Texas is opening up more businessess tomorrow and quite frankly I am terrified as the data is NOT on his side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Have a great visit with your daughter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With you on not using gas/diesel. We filled the truck (Diesel) in December. Still reads almost full. Almost as good with the car. Put about $16.00 in back in March. Reads between 3/4 and 1/2. We live 10 miles from town so you know we've haven't gone much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,

    I was happy to see Michael's was doing curb side pick up. Not that I will use it all that much but it was great for this project. I don't agree with this fool wanting more stores and thing opening. This virus in some places is still running high and more cases being found every day. But what do you expect from a MORON! But you can bet I won't be going to any of them.

    Hi Phyllis,

    I believe I filled up in early March also just before I went into self isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wearing a Mask will not only protect you from the Virus but the Pollen s well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the visit with your daughter.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your Walmart order went well this time. So far, I've been getting what I order. Our Walmart added lots of new time slots so it's easier to get a pick up time. I can't believe the price of gas... it's $1.66 here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Conne,

    Yes our Walmart also added more days and times so it made it much easier. I know I haven't seen gas prices like this in years and of course I'm not going anywhere LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been going to a neighboring town that's not too far from me where there has been very few official cases of the virus. In and out wipe my cart handle down good, wear my mask and clean my hands good once exited. I saw a report on the news that some people have been found to have antibodies of the virus and they, like me, had what I thought was the normal flu back in Dec. SO I think this virus has been around much longer than we all realize. Glad you're getting a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sondra,

    Yes they say this has been around much longer than they said. Of course it was fake news and a hoax by the democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't things will ever return to the way they were. I just hate to think of it getting any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gypsy,

    Why must you look at it so negatively maybe it will be better

    ReplyDelete