Thursday, April 16, 2020

Job Done

Michael, dropped the cooler off Tue. so he wouldn't have to go out and buy it the next day. He  had a helper to do the install with him. It took quite a bit of time with all the wiring and water lines that needed to be replaces. So they had turned off the water but I had jugs already filled. The thermostate to automatically turn the cooler on and off had to be changed since it was 100yrs old. J/K But the new one is digital and I like that since my eyes close up stinks. He got the water back on and they finished the job around 2 pm. Works great and just in time as today it was 85 F.

Right after they finished up and left the Village turned off the water due to and underground leak somewhere around here. They called Tues. to let us know so that is why I already had 5 gls of water ready. It wasn't off for to long.

But I tried to get all the ducts cleaned up before the install since I haven't had a cooler in maybe 6 - 7 yrs. So I came up with an idea that the last vent on the line would be a good bet to tuck a cloth just under the vent so that maybe that would hold back some of the dust. It would have worked just fine if the bathroom duct had a cover in it. So the bathroom was quite a dirty mess. And of course that had to get cleaned really fast. And I vacuumed most of the duct work out but just was to exhausted to finish. Today I have cleaned all the ducts but the computer room will be tomorrow. Moving furniture is not easy anymore. But I did most of the house today so I earned a nice nap.

Must do a fast grocery run tomorrow and pick up a gift card for my great granddaughter since I do not want to spend more time in the store than I have too. Besides now she can pick out her own toy or outfit that she wants and feel very proud that she had her own money. LOL

Please stay safe don't discard your used masks and gloves on the ground. Carry a plastic zip lock bag, before you take off you gloves clean them with hand sanitizer, or alcohol and take them off my rolling them inside out and deposit them in your baggie then deposit in a trash can. Lets get this virus under control and dead!

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. I think we are in for some warm weather here in Sacramento, but as long as I can use a fan during the hottest part of the day, I will. I hate to turn the a/c on. Sacramento is nice in that it gets downright chilly overnight which lasts until noon the following day. I remember having to run the a/c for 24/7 when I lived in other areas of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy,

    Yes right now the nights are pretty cool still so the house stays pretty cool until late morning or early afternoon. But by 3pm it gets down right warm. So now I can set the thermostat to 78 and it will kick on and cool down the house and then shut off. Even though it did the same with the A/C the cooler is so much cheaper to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your cooler installed. Thank goodness for Michael you are so lucky to have a handyman that you have known for a long time and that is not going to do you wrong.

    I have seen on TV how many towns across the nation are having a problem with all the gloves and wipes people are leaving behind in the parking lots...lazy and inconsiderate people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,

    Yes I'm lucky to have Michael, as my HVAC man.

    But those are the people who are screaming about why this isn't over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, glad you're all set to face the heat of summer, I didn't know a swamp cooler could run via ductwork, all the ones I've seen sit on the roof and work via one big vent centrally located. I hope it gives you years of good service, thanks for your comment about Casey I sure miss him...:o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    Some coolers still work that way. I never liked them on the roof never fails that they leak through the roof and into the house. When I was looking for a place I specifically said I wanted dual cooling and no roof mounts. Michael thinks the A/C was put in first and then the cooler. I have to seperate ductworks the cooler is on it's own and the furnace and a/c run off the same since they kind of work together. It isn't a heat pump. As long as it insn't humid the cooler works great! Fred is getting so grey in the face and he seems to be getting a bit of hitch in his right hip. He's about 11 since I adopted him there is no sure way of knowing how old he is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo! I hear ya about allergies and dust! I'm doing a lot of cleaning but have to really watch not to kick up the dust in the process. It sounds like you are getting a lot done!

    I agree about the masks and gloves. I find them in the drive-up lane at McDonalds. People pay me with money using plastic gloves... then throw the gloves in the parking lot. Grrr… :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete