Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A Shopping Trip

There is only so much home delivery you can do. So Monday I decided it was time for me to go out and get things done. My truck was so dirty it was brown not blue for all the blowing dust and dirt then the hard rain that came into the carport to really turn things into mud all over the truck. 
So I planned out my trip. First the car wash, then Big 5 Sporting Store, nope closed and wouldn't open for another 30 min. No I am not going to sit here for 30 mins. So  bit the bullet and hit up Walmart Super Store. I'm so happy I had made a list on my phone for things I needed there.  First stop A/C filters, then sporting dept. grabbed the fishing pole and a small tackle box, electonics for new chargers for the new phone that nolong uses the charges I already have, dog dept. new beds for Fred, ladies dept. picked up a new pair of shorts for hanging out at home. And out the door I went. On the way home I saw the gas was on the rise again so stopped and topped off my tank @ $2.02. , the next day it was $2.09
What and expensive day that was.
Yesterday Fred went to the groomers. He smells so much better and his nails are clipped.
I was taking stock of my groceries and noticed I was completely out of veggies and low on meats so I put in and order to be delivered tomorrow. I can't believe the prices on food it's really off the wall.

I had thought about trying to do my own shopping but I really don't want to push the store issue as even though they had to guys at the door to the store I saw people who had taken off their maskes in the store. IDIOTS

Today is my oldest great grandsons birthday now really how did this kid already get be 9 years old? My newest great grandson is now 2 weeks old and he sure was a tiny little guy at 5lbs 4 oz and 18 in. They are keeping him away from everyone as he is just to tiny to be around people. But lots of pictures have been shared.

Good Night All

12 comments:

  1. JO, you are so lucky to have a Sporting Goods store! The closest one to me is in Eagle Pass, Texas an hour drive away :-(

    Thank you for reminding me that I need to purchase some A/C filter. Fred lucked out with a nice bath, nail trim, and a brand new bed.

    I sure am glad that people are abiding by the mask mandate here. I do not blame you for not going to the grocery store and exposing yourself to the virus due to idiots not wearing masks.

    Happy Birthday to your great-grandson. I hope you will soon get to meet the youngest member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if in the future you could do a post of your new phone.

    I am considering purchasing one as I have had this one since I signed up with my carrier and that has been a while back.

    I would love to read a review of yours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you got it all done...wow your family is growing like crazy mine is pretty much burning out..;0( I have to go in today not looking forward to it but have no choice really.
    I didn't watch any of it but in my NY Times that comes to my inbox each morning, I saw a photo of Pence fist bumping a crowd of people at the RNC and not one person in that crowd of 3,000 had on a mask! Worst leadership in history!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,
    I just don't want to push my luck with going to stores and especialy a since having people posted at the door to make sure your wearing a mask and not letting to many people in the store at once and then see idiots walking around the store not wearing a their mask. Just thankful there were very few people in the store and I got right out.

    Thank for the well wishes on my little guys birthday.

    As for the phone it is not the latest greatest because I'm not paying those prices and I wouldn't know how to use all that crap anyway its a Samsung something or other. One thing is for sure I will be getting rid of sprint they are awful. I don't know who your have but they should give you a deal since you have never changed your phone.


    Hi Sondra,

    Yes this family is getting very large LOL. As for idiot rump and his idiot followers when they all are gone lets hope this country turns around it will never be the same but lets hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, curbside pickup and delivery only goes so far. I bit the bullet too and headed into a store. In the small store I went to everyone was wearing masks. They just weren't following the arrows (the isles are supposed to be one way). Glad you can enjoy the grandkids - even if it has to be at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie,

    Yes for some reason the Neighborhood Grocery store is always out of things that are really needed. When I tried to order from the Super Store it keep sending my back to the small store. UGH so I just went to the super store. The arrows were not my best friends LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been inside any kind of store since March 1. Can't say I miss it all that much except when you can browse the aisles you see things you need - I write them down but never remember where I put my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gypsy,
    I use my phone's notepad it makes it much easier than to remember to bring my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chuckled about Fred now smelling better. Biscuit always manages to smell like a Beagle! Stinky for sure. And he likes to roll in stuff. Such as dead animals, duck poop, anything rotten. Such is my life with a beagle. But I wouldn't trade him for anything. I bet you feel the same about Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Phyllis,

    LOL Beagles smell. Fred will roll in anything also if I don't keep and eye on him, but you have far more things in your yard for rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jo! I wish gas was that cheap here! We are at $2.09.

    We're still voluntary in Iowa s far as masks. They have the health ambassadors stationed at Wal-Mart. I know everyone of them and they know about my lung troubles (allergies and asthma are awful right now) so masks are optional in that case. I'm kind of glad. Even at the hospital the docs let me take it down because of the chronic lung issues. OH well.

    Sounds like Fred has it made there! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete