Thursday, August 20, 2020

WOW!

Yes WOW! We got nailed with a crazy storm. And it's still thundering, lightening and raining. It started about 5:30pm rained like crazy and hail the size of moth balls pounded down. The hail lasted almost 20min. Then poof no power. Luckily my battery powered fans ready and so were the LED lanterns. The power was off for about 2 1/2 hrs. I won't be surprised if it goes off again. But charged up what needed to be charged already. Of course even the cell quit working and I have never had that happen before with any other service. I'm lucky that I could open most of the windows and doors since I have a covered carport on one side and the porch on the other.

This is when it first started

 That is hail. there was so much more later but it was so loud I had to go in the house





I'm going to upgrade the fans to the newer ones that use less batteries and are much more powerful. I had them both blowing on me and it was OK but if the power hadn't come back on it wouldn't have worked. I'm sure I have 2 more fans in the shed but I wasn't going out there I know where they are but the last time I went in there there was a huge desert Iguana stuck in the sink. I was able to catch it and put it back outside. Just don't want to be finding things like that in the  semi dark Don't know how he got in there but I'm thinking maybe under the door but didn't think the space was that big cause he was HUGE. Going to have to get something to add to the bottom. 

I thought maybe Fred and I would leave and stay in a Motel but the roads were flooded and warning kept sound on my old phone not the new phone but the old phone. Sprint Sucks

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Wow is right. When the monsoon finally hit, it hit with a vengeance. What kind of battery operated fans are you getting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My glad your power came back on same thing here only there was no storm just no power for like 2 hrs...I got my battery pack and used my USB fan it works pretty good got to have it right on you. My battery pack is not a Jackery but it works perfectly..I used it once to run my little fan all night and in the morning it still had 86% charge.
    It has an emergency light on it, so I think it's a good thing to have, it will jump the car, pump up the tires, and charge all types of devices.
    Hope some of that rain makes it's way to CO and CA to put out those fires. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie,
    Yes we got it good finally. There are more fires in the Superstition mountains and I sure was hoping this storm would go there. But who knows. My kids live on the east side of town and only got a few drops there. I'm going to have to go look at fans in the store. Buying from Amazon is getting iffy at best. Everything seems to be coming on a very slow boat from China and then your lucky if you get it all. Right now I'm using O2Cool models and they use 7 Dbatteies. The fans have to be blowing right on you. But when you have no power it's better than nothing LOL

    Hi Sondra,

    We might have made up for the droubt on this side of town while the northeast had nothing but a few drops. The fans I have work like yours so I'm happy I have more than one and today I think I'll go out into the shed and get the other one or 2 what ever is out there but they sure take a lot of batteries. What brand power pack do you have I need to get one for sure. I can't afford a Jackery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just glad you got the Rain let alone the Hail but it's not fun when you loose your power.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a storm! I'm sorry you lost power but at least it came back and it happened during the day.

    Did it at least bring down the temperatures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    We really needed that rain maybe not all at once but it was needed.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Lossing power wasn't to bad for a while but then the humidity was high and by time the power came on it was pitch dark. Love my LED lanterns.

    The temperatures came down but it was hot in the house. Lucky to have had the fans loaded with batteries already and I went out and brought in 2 more. Need to load them May get hit again. It's in the low 90's but the humidity is very high for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Beagle Biscuit would have been going whacko with that thunder. He gets as close to me as possible. I sure hope Fred is calmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis,

    Fred could care less about the thunder he wasn't to happy with the hail bouncing off the metal awning but he really didn't go crazy just went to his kennel and bedded down. Of course he really didn't like the water in the yard LOL but the front was dry and that's were he went.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's quite a crazy storm for that part of the country! The weather has been wacky this year! I hope you don't get too many more storms or high winds. -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brad,

    Yes it was crazy but no as crazy as your storm. Some high winds last night but it only lasted about 5min but no more rain. Hope your having better luck with the ins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete