Sunday, October 24, 2021

Allmost Done

Been working steady for the past few days. Cleaned everything couldn't believe how dirty it was back there.

Today I went to Walmart to pick up a few things. The store is going through some changes and what a mess. Can't find anything and by 10;30am I was done so I didn't get everything but I had to go and it was getting crowded. I even did a self checkout just to get out. 

Came home and rested up a bit finally had my coffee and so happy that I had bacon, veggie and egg omelet left over from what I made yesterday.

Then I was off with a big bag of things that needed to go out into the camper and put the sheets and a blanket on the bed. By then I was just so done for it. I brought in the curtains as they were so wrinkled from being folded in the draw.  Also noticed one of them had an unfinished edge where I had cut a pair in half.

Now it was time for some tylenol and a rest. After a while I dragged out the iron and got busy with that. I used double sided iron on tape to fix the edge. Also notice that that same pair was missing the velcro that I hang them with so added that on. These curtains match nothing haha and didn't when I purchased them but they were cheap and I had a big trip planned so bought them. If I am able to keep camping I will find something else and something more fun than these. But what is also nice about these curtains is they are double layered. They are valances that you used to stuff them to make those puffy things way back when. I believe they were only a dollar a pair and I needed 3.

So tomorrow I am off for a hair cut and see what else I might need for this trip. I will pre cook chicken and make coles slaw. Hope to stay 3 or 4 nights.

Oh and gas is on the rise paid 3.09 gl. cost me $35.70 for a bit over 11gls. glad I'm not going very far.

Just had to have these for the camper



Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. The weather is just about perfect for your excursion. They keep rearranging our walmart and it drives me crazy. Can't find anything. Love the lights. You need to find curtains with campers on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love the little light set! I can't want to hear all about your trip...I am also packing this week for a 4 day 3 nights next week...BUT the dogs have to come so I dont know how much fun it will be, but will make the best of it..Gas is the same price here..it shot up over night. So I filled up my van Already cause it could rise another 10c overnight. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie,
    Yes the weather is perfect but not to sure about tomorrow calling for some rain but I will be ready and load if it doesn't happen or it ends early enough. I think if I want those kind of curtains I may have to make them. I can sew but I'm not very good at it. haha Walmart is a mess they have these little enclosures just in the middle of nothing. Christmas stuff everywhere. Nothing is in order and scattered all through the store.

    Hi Sondra,

    They had the little truck lights too but maybe next time the store was driving me crazy. I picked up Fred a soft sided kennel for the outdoors with a nice bed and I'll add rug under that so he can be more comfortable since he is getting old now. He loves his man caves so I figure this one can be folded flat and stored. I think I will try for 3 nights also since it was so much work getting ready I will need the rest LOL. In case I don't have internet before you leave have a wonderful trip also

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sense your excitement at getting ready to roll. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis,

    I sure need this little get away and yes I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Envy, envy, envy. Can't do any thinking about going anywhere until after I get the new battery for my pacemaker; and, no telling when that will be. I have an in office appt with my cardiologist on the 5th in hopes I can present enough reasons for have the surgery early and insurance will go along with it - like my age, distance to Las Cruces (90 minutes) winter weather coming with snow storms/blizzards and so on. This waiting is for the birds. Am anxious to hear how you camping trip will go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little camper lights 😊 I had to get gas today and it had come down a few cents... to $3.57 a gallon. Illinois has a 38 cent per gallon gas tax 😮

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost feel your excitement. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm about to post the Epic Failure of this trip

    ReplyDelete