Wednesday, February 27, 2019

AHH Wonderful Weather

After all that cold and snow it has been beautiful!. Windows and door open letting in some wonderful fresh air. I have turned the heat way down. Hate to see what the gas bill will be for this past month. But it has been great to have windows and doors open to bring in some nice fresh air.

My grandson is going to come over and set up the camper for me and try a few different things. We always have to laugh because no matter what changes we make it is still small. A friend had given me a small cabinet a while back and we are going to see if there is a good place to hang it for a little extra storage like tooth paste, tooth brush, soaps and wipes. 
I ordered some Velcro online for the other curtain as I couldn't find it anywhere in any stores. It had to be sticky back I was able to get a 25' roll so that should be plenty to fix a few other curtains on the smaller windows. I hope it comes in as fast as the leg risers did. But if not and I get the chance to go camping I can always use a sun screen for that window. I'll freeze some water bottles for my cooler, they stay frozen a lot longer than bags of ice and you don't have all that water sitting in the bottom. If I have time before this trip I'm going to add foam insulation to the cooler to make it stay cold longer. I have learned lots of new ideas from YouTube and from blogs and friends who camp. So I really hope I can get going next week. If the place I want to go to is full I'll try another place. But Madera Canyon is where I really want to go.

I have a new neighbor with a dog that barks none stop and the driveway if full of junk. Yesterday the neighbor on the other side of him and then me both let him have it about the dog. He said well he goes out by himself through the dogie door, then block it off. 
This trip is going to be a lot of thinking about what my next move is going to be. If I sell this house I will have to go full time RVing. I don't want to buy another house and what ever I get out of this house would never be enough to buy a house without a mortgage, and rents are way to expensive and who knows what kind of neighbors you'll get then. So this trip will determine what I will do. If I can take enough trips and be away from here that might just be the ticket.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are Enjoying the change in the Weather.
    Nothing more annoying then a constantly barking dog that the owners just ignore.
    If you decide to go Fulltime you might need something a little bigger then your truck to carry everything you need.
    Be Safe.

    It's about time,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so nice to get out and camping again, enjoy your time away, and making the proper decision that will work fo you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this weather beautiful? I love getting out and paying attention to my yard. Hope your camping preparation goes smoothly. Envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rick and Kathy,
    Yes there will be something bigger in the plan for sure.


    Hi George,

    Next week looks great. And I really need this time away to a place I really enjoy.

    Hi Emily,

    It is so nice why can't we have this all year round. I hope he is available tomorrow so I can get everything set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago when still living in NJ we bought 14 acres in north Arkansas for retirement. We would go down every few years to check it out. Last time we went we found junk trailers, etc had moved on to that mountain. As we were walking the property a pack of dogs at the trashy place across the road barked the entire time. We drove to town, found the realtor and listed it! No thanks. No barking dogs. I can well understand your thoughts. We got lucky here. No close neighbors and the only sound is the chickens, peacocks and cows in the field across the road. We can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can call Animal Control about the barking dog they won't take the dog but they will give the owner a warning, it may be the answer to the irresponsible dog owner. I hope you get a great week away. Im afraid since someone is building a house really close to me, After 41 years here now I have to get used to a neighbor where one was not all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just from my experience, don't sell your house until you try the full-timing experience, i.e., map out a route that takes you around the country and spend a few months living out of an RV. I liked the RV living for a while, but the solitude of being a solo really got to me in the end. I wasted a lot of money figuring that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis,

    This is one of those dogs that barks just to bark. He can stand out there and just bark. I saw the HOA president there today and he was given a warming for both the dog and all the junk in the driveway. He has rags hanging on broken peices of furniture and the tote he used to pack are just thrown out there. This does not speak well of what is to come. How hard is it to get rid of the rags and stack the totes into each other.

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes and that is coming up since he was already given a warning from the HOA and the dog is still barking. I hope your new neighbors will be good people.

    Hi Gypsy,

    The problem with testing the waters is not possible with the small camper I have and I certainly can't afford to rent anything. I also and thinking of a way to buy something larger and if I can at least get away for months at a time and spend winters here that might work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are lucky to have your grandson helping you with your camper. I know how much you have wanted to head out for a trip to the mountains.

    Freezing water bottles to use as ice and when unfrozen can be used for other purposes is one of the best camping hacks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi MsBelinda,
    Looks like he can't make it but I have someone else who can help. Hope fully I can get out either Tue. or Wed. Yes the frozen water bottles have worked well for me a few times now. I also want to line my cooler with styrofoam I have plenty of it in my shed.

    ReplyDelete