Friday, February 22, 2019

What?

They have been predicting this bad storm all week. Nothing but cold cloudy days. Yesterday the warning kept coming. Around 9:30 pm I heard rain, it poured then stopped. about 10:15 pm heard more rain but light. It rained on and off all night. I let Fred out at 6:45 am no rain nothing seemed to be going on just very cold. So I went about doing my morning things. When the coffee was done I headed to the computer room, the front bedroom blinds were open and I as I glanced that way I stopped dead in my tracks it was snowing like crazy this was about 7:15pm. The pictures were taken as the day passsed and snow came down. 
This was the first time I went out to take pictures. I don't think the time on these pictures are correct I think it was closer to 8:30am





 Rarely will you see them sharing the feeder the guy to the right is a mean one and will chase the others away

This must have been around 10:26am


 Beyond these trees are mountains about 3 blocks from behind my house


As you can see it is starting to clear up 1pm 





A view from the front porch looking south there are mountains about 1 mile away
The snow finally quit falling about 2pm and of course it's mostly all gone already. It is drizzling on and off now and that can prove very bad for driving in the morning as it will be in the low 20's over night.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Dang, no snow or rain for us today. I keep checking outside tonight and nothing. Guess that's what happens when mt ranges block weather. Really pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly had your share of the strange weather lately. Looks like good cuddling weather to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful winter wonderland!

    I am envious as I think if it snowed here it would aid in killing my weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is not what we want to see in the desert, glad that it went away though. Think it will warm u soon we will be heading that was in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been an especially wet winter all over I bet the desert flowers will be amazing this spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has truly been crazy weather for Arizona this winter. Best delay your morning travels until the Sun has dried the roads.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,
    I'm surprised you haven't had any snow. We are surrounded by mountains here also. They are covered all the way to the ground on the north east side of town The Ski resort can't even open because the road is block with heavey snow.

    Hi Jim,
    Yes we sure have had some crazy weather this winter. Closest thing to cuddling is the nice big throw I got for Christmas haha. You live to far away my friend.

    Hi MsBelinda.
    The snow will only melt adding to the already happy weeds.

    Hi George,
    It doesn't happy very often. They said the last one was 5yrs ago but it was just a few fluries, That last big one like this was back in 92. By next Tue. we will be in th low 70's and climbing.

    Hi Sondra,

    I think the flower are going to me magnificent. I will be running around the desert with my camera.

    ReplyDelete