Friday, June 5, 2020

Storm Brewing Out There

I"ll try to get this post finished just in case this storm cuts the electric. 

I have been cleaning up the yard as the trees of other neighbors like my yard and carport so much. But at least it's something to do besides sit around.

Of course I still have been cooking and running out of room. I'm not one for canned foods but since things aren't looking good with this virus I decided to put some in my stores. I picked up a couple of cans of beef, chicken and lots of tuna. Also some packets of mashed potatoes, canned beets, olives I have dried beans and lentils that I store in glass jars with a bay leaf,( the bay leaf came as a tip from a reader) Thank You! 

My kids drop by and that is always nice. Today my daughter Tracy, granddaughter Aliya and my greatgrands to. We enjoyed a pizza lunch.

This morning I had a follow up appt, with my Dr. on my labs and everything was great. And don't have to go back for 6mths. Just have to get a chest x ray to take to the pulmonologist next month. I like my new Dr. and I hope the pulmonologist is just as nice and I won't have to see him often as the office is quite far. 

As for the mess this country is in I don't feel a need to talk about it since it is already being discussed everywhere. It was wrong plain and simply and he is a murderer.

The weather has been brutally hot so don't go out after 10 am. I even changed my grocery delivery to between 8-9 am and let me tell you by time I finish cleaning it all down with alcohol and put all in my own bags it is already hot out there. 

Home Depot got the freezers in and never did notify me, I just happened to be checking around all the stores and there it was. So I guess I'll order it but need someone to help bring in the house. I'm not paying $50. delivery charge.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally getting a chance to visit with Family Members while staying Safe. Unfortunately this Pandemic is making Hoarders to an extent out of all of us.
    Hopefully you are still using your Bicycle for exercise which is another way to pass some time.
    Governments globally have to end Racism.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying cool.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you pick up the freezer at the store, try and keep it upright when you bring it home. If you have to lay it down, you should not plug it in for 12 hour so the oil can drain down to the bottom of the compressor, where it belongs. Also let it run for 12 hours before putting food inside. It needs to cool down to below freezing. Good luck. It should be on a piece of plywood for good air ciculation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually always have a full chest freezer. Nothing different now. But still when time to cook dinner it's "I don't have anything to make". Used to be I would ask Leonard what he wanted for dinner. He would say, "Make it easy of yourself". My reply......"Get the car keys". Did go to Sonic yesterday. Every slot was filled.

    I feel for you regarding the heat. I just can't take it any more. Even my beagle likes to come inside with the A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, looks like you got spammed in the comments, I hope the storm didn't do any damage...my pantry cabinet is so small it holds about 3 sq ft and that's it, so no stocking up for me, got no place to put it. I guess if they run out of food, I will be out digging up tree roots and boiling them. This time of year there's lots of plums and berries. Hope you get your freezer in place. Stay cool the humidity is very high right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phxxer,

    Thanks for the info, I knew that already. But I'm going to have to take some measurements to see if it will fit in the truck since it's set up for camping and there it has a bed in it. The truck is a mid sized not a full body. I really don't want to pull the bed out it can be a real pain and I don't have anyone to help.

    Hi Phyllis,

    That can be a problem LOL. That's why I like to pre pare extra food and freeze it then I have no excuses. I'm not good with fast food, the last time I did it was a couple of weeks ago I wanted a Southwestern Chicken salad from Jack in the box I always loved them. That was the most expensive nasty salad I ever ate.

    We are in a cold spell right now it is in the low to mid 90's. for the next couple of days.

    Hi Sondra,

    I already deleted it and blocked the jerk. Lots of that going on lately from what I have heard. The storm never happened there was one loud boom and some wind and then nothing. Which is fine. I think we are into premonsoons now. Your storage is very limited but you are growing some nice looking veggies out there. You know the saying where theres a will there's always a way. Human and there darn mail drug program screwed me up and sent more inhalers at $84 twice this month so the freezer once again is on hold. Of course they tried to blame it on the Dr.s office but I wasn't going to let them pull that I had to call them about another problem where they wanted to fill another scrip that they had already filled and at that time I told him do not sent anymore inhalers. I demanded that they not send another thing without calling me first. I get the feeling I am not meant to have this freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you picked up some canned goods though I know you are a good cook. It can never hurt to have extra provisions on hand just in case you need them.

    I hope your electricity does not go out. Unfortunately, where we live in an area where even a small storm will cause that. That is why I have frozen regular water bottles as well as half a gallon milk jugs in my freezer...though I would love to have frozen meals in its place but the culinary fairy skipped a generation in my case :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MsBelinda,

    Well the virus is on the rise here just like I knew it would. But I think I have enough stock now (hopefully) to get through this next faze. Maybe just some fresh veggies will be ordered since they don't keep very long. I sure am enjoying this nice refreshing salads right now with these high temps.

    We don't lose power as often as we used to but being a camper I have lanters and battery operated fans to me through the hot times. Of course you have to have them blowing right on you. I also keep frozen bottles of water in the freezer which helps keep the freezer colder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete