Friday, August 7, 2020

A Beautiful Morning

Yesterday was a beautiful cool morning. I opened some windows and left the door open and turned on the cooler to blow the old air out of the house and some new fresher air in. It's amazing the effect it had on me. I felt energize and renewed.

I quickly turned on the oven and made some cheesy chicken breasts. It was done and out of the oven by 8am. I got the vacuum going and did all the rooms and dusted. Of course by 11 am it was time to close everything up and relax for a bit. Then I made a no potato, potato salad. About 1:30pm it was time for A/C again.

This morning it wasn't as nice but I did leave the door and a couple of windows open. My grandson came over with the kids and I made a nice breakfast for us all. They stayed for a bit and then on their way they went. I then made eggplant parmesan. For some reason it just wouldn't cook right and it was spilling over onto the bottom of the oven and really stinking. So I took it out and placed it in smaller containers and used the toaster over. It finally baked up OK. I will put quite a bit in the freezer. I think I will be good on frozer prepared meals for a bit of time. 

I would love to see more mornings in the 60s but sure doesn't look like it showing mid to upper 70s for the next 10 days and of course the 105 - 108. Oh well I just keep telling myself winter will be here soon.

Good Night All!

9 comments:

  1. I know its wishful hoping but I still hope the temps are down to the 90s when we get back mid September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandie,

    I sure hope so to. All they are showing for the next 10 days are triple digits :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, that air probably felt really good, so very humid here night and day, I hope for an early fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to be able to open your door and windows early in the morning.

    You have been a busy lady cooking and cleaning to your heart's content.

    I had never heard of "no potato - potato salad"...you peaked my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    It has been humid here also but nothing like you have there. I'm with you on wishing for an early fall and even earlier winter.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    It was only the one morning and then back into the mid to high 70's and humid for the morning. But I managed to leave the door and windows open until around 8:30am But have been able to use the cooler instead of the A/C until around 1pm. Just let the dog out at 9:15 pm it is still 98 F

    I enjoyed all the cooking and storing.
    No Potato Potato salad is made with cauliflower all other ingredeints remain the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JO, will have to look into that since I am not supposed to eat potatoes.

      Delete
  6. That's what I keep reminding myself - winter will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete