Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Little One

The heat is still horrible but the humidity isn't high enough to cause rain. Lots of lightening so more fires. Today we had a power outage that I hadn't even realized happened until I had no internet and even then I didn't realize why until I shut down and walked into the kichen to get water and the fridge was dark inside.LOL I quickly closed all the blinds and curtains to keep it cool as long as possible. I figured if it wasn't going to come back on by the time the house started to get to hot I would just take Fred and hit a motel. But as I moved around checking my hygiene bag to make sure it had everything needed I saw the digital clock blinking at me. I always have a bag ready to hit the road including measured out food and treats for Fred. 

They say Covid is down but then somewhere else says it isn't. The double and back track talk is so annoying already. Rump's followers may believe that trash but not others who know he needs to be gone already.

Political trash talking goes on no matter whether your on YouTube or TV.  Post Office is now being run by the turd. And of course everything is the Dems fault. Speaking of the already corrupt postal service I hope who ever took my great grandsons fishing pole birthday present enjoys it. They claimed they tried to deliver it but the box was full. REALLY! Someone want to explain how a fishing pole even a telescoping one with a small tackle box could fit in a tiny mail box? Amazon sent me a refund, UPS stinks and then they turn over packages to the Postal Service and then you never see your stuff.

Anyway there is some wonderful news I now have a new great grandson born in the very early morning hours yesterday. He is very tiny  but is fine outside of a little low sugar level which is coming up nicely and he should be going home tomorrow. 

Try and stay cool everyone don't stay home with broken A/Cs it's dangerous when temps reach well over 100 F. it has been 109 - 111 for days now.

Good Night All!

11 comments:

  1. I guess it depends on the district where you live, I have always had great postal service, as well as excellent United Parcel(UPS).

    ReplyDelete
  2. With this heat, a lot of places that do not commonly have power outages are now experiencing them.

    I am glad to hear that you have your bags ready to go in case you need to. I call ours "bugout bags". With our constant power outages and this heat, it would be criminal if I tried to stay home with my mother. I too will head to a motel.

    I have lost all faith in the post office where our P.O. Box is located. They have lost our mail, I never received the census or my 1099's to do my taxes. They even managed to lose the payment I sent to them for the rental of the P.O. Box.

    Congratulations on the birth of your new great-grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gyspy,

    I'm happy your services are still working well. It has been a problem here with UPS for almost a year now and since our regular delivery mail lady left it has been horrible to say the least.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Yes I try to run as little as possible this time of year not only to help keep the bill down (LOL) but I know how bad the A/C drains the power stations.

    I call the bags our running away from home bags.

    Its a shame how the postal service has gone done the hill. But to be stealing things is a federal offense isn't it? Oh well now it leaves me no choice but to go shopping to buy the kid a birthday gift. I remember you writing about all the troubles you had with the postal service a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo congrats on the new family member, wish him the very best...I've never had issues with the post office till a couple months ago..I had 2 certified letters go undelivered...so I asked for and got refunds, but that is not even the point it's all part of the Steve Bannon Plan to destory our society..he wants a Utopian White Society and even tho he is not openly still controlling Trump trust me HE IS..they hate unwhite, poor, people who depend on the USPS to deliver the mail. How does removing automated sorting machines, cut costs? That is just plain BS it's a way to disturb the voting by mail process and trust me this whole Stock Market thing....the economy in the tank and yet it's up...My theory Foreign Investments that will suddenly be withdrawn a tactic to fear monger people into voting for the King of the Combover, he will say people are afraid of Biden so the market tanked...probably Putin again who is one of the richest men in the world.
    Safe cool hopefully fall is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new family addition. Someone new for you to spoil.
    Dangerous when the power goes out in Hot Temperatures.
    Been watching the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Because of Covid it's like you are watching a movie production. Lots of Republican Politicians and everyday People supporting Joe as well as putting Trump down.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your exercising.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, congrats on the new great-grandson. How many children, grand kids and greats do you have now? No wonder you are so young and spry!

    I love my USPS delivery lady, if I don't pick up my mail after 2 days (usually 'cause it's too hot and then don't want to go out in evening 'cause of biting gnats & mosquitoes) she'll bring it to me and ask if everything is okay. She does that to a lot of us around my neighborhood 'cause we are almost all old! Nice Jennifer. My UPS & FedEx guys are great too - I know about when they are going to deliver and they do.

    Yes, heat has been around long enough! So far our city has done a pretty good job of keeping the electricity going and responding to the needs.

    And I also will be happy when our political environment changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra,

    Thank you on the baby.
    Yes this BS is getting out of hand. I saw a while back where someone posted that the Democrats didn't want the mail in votes, I hope she has burried her head now. Some people I thought to be intelligent are showing their total ignorance as they believe because they are Republicans. then combover (love that)needs to be realected, yet so many higher up Rebublicans are tossing in the towel as they are so embarressed by his stupidity and underhanded ways.

    Hi Rick and Kathy

    Thank You on well wishes for out new baby.

    I never wanted to turn my blog into a political
    ranting but this is getting so disgusting. But at least Republicans are seeing the light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to congratulate you on the new great grandson. Newborns are so precious. Congratulations to the parents also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi and congrats on the great grandson! Sorry to hear about that fishing pole! I am irritated with the UPS / USPS handoff thing but thankfully haven't lost any packages... yet... Take care! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete