Saturday, September 25, 2021

Wonderful Weather!

 The weather has cooled down and it is wonderful first thing in the morning when I go out with Fred.

I haven't used the A/C for a week now and the cooler works great. Can't wait to see the drop in the electric bill.

I finally made myself get caught up on my crochet project for the monthly stripe club . I was 3 months behind. When I caught up on that I pulled out a blanket I started a long time ago and all I have to do now is crochet around the edges. I don't know what I had in mind when I started that thing but the stripes are going to go up and down instead of across. I think it weights about a 100lbs, well maybe not quite that much but it was a struggle to work with it.

In between I have started cleaning up the porch as there is way to many things out there and are not needed anymore. I also have a new rug for out there I bought about 3 yrs ago and it has been stored in the shed all this time.

My friend of 50 yrs will be celebrating her birthday next week so I made her a sun catcher and mailed it off to her in FL. Just  checked and it made it. Her daughter had asked for her friends and other family to send cards to her house so on Sue's birthday she will give them all to her. This is her first birthday since the passing of her husband. I thought that was a really sweet idea.

Did a little bit of shopping at Walmart for supplies for Fred and made a speedy retreat out of there. While it seemed most people were wearing masks I still am not comfortable being in these large stores. Then they changed the web page I couldn't make my order for groceries and ended up using Fry's. The prices there are a bit higher and then I couldn't figure out how to add the things I forgot. So today I made my second call to Walmart to see if they could fix this problem, finally someone knew how to fix it so I did a small order so the lady could fix it. Of course now I know what all I still need, does it ever end LOL Well at least now it works.

Good Night All!

10 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I'm really enjoying the cooler temps and rain. Lots of clouds again today. We did a huge walmart pickup this week and I was amazed at the things they were out of. Here we go again. Got our flu shots and Jim really had a reaction to it. But he's feeling better this morning thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandie,
    I hope these cooler temps aren't just a tease. We had rain all night into the morning. I don't think the cooler has even come on yet today, which is great for the electric bill.
    Yes it has been really hard finding things at the neighborhood market and now a lot of the stuff is going to be shipped what is that about?
    Guess I better look into my flu shot and want to ask about the booster for covid vaccine. Sorry to hear about Jim having a bad reaction to the shot this year but at least he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to be able to order groceries and have them delivered, but it costs me a lot more in the long run, with all the fees added. I am waiting to hear that I can get a covid booster shot. They notified me online when I was eligible for the first round, so I'm surprised that I haven't gotten further info on the booster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The morning temperatures have been wonderful here as well.

    I bet that nice idea your friend's daughter had will go a long ways to help her celebrate her first birthday without her beloved husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree the recent weather has been wooonnnddeerrffull. Almost have my yard ready for winter, just a few more things to do than I will be done. I use WM pickup quite a bit and am getting around and thru their changes they keep making. I do hate the shipping of one or two items though, waste of boxes, time and their money I think. But guess it keeps some employed. Like the suncatcher idea you made for your friend, really nice and a little extra touch for her. Flu shot next week for me, haven't heard anything my my state's health dept on the booster. Am hoping to get in a fall truck camping trip for a few days, somewhere over in your area. Any suggestions, need electricity due to my oxygen concentrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feels good to get chores caught up Im in the same frame of mind all the things I put off doing cause it was too hot Im trying to do now...
    I love gifts that are made by someone more than anything you can buy in a store, it means so much more...Hope your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy,
    Since I have been ordering when covid started I nolong have to pay the delivery charge. But even if I did I would continue to order rather than go into the store, and giving a tip helps them pay there bills a bit bette than just the pennies they may be paid by the company.
    Hope the boosters come out soon.

    Hi MsBelinda,
    The change in the weather has been so loved. I hope my friend enjoys the little gift.

    Hi Emily,
    I don't have much to do around my yard it was just so many weeds from the rain and I still have more to get rid of. We had more rain late last night and some during the day today, guess that means more weeds. I also hope to get out and do some local camping if the temps truely will stay like this but one never knows. I'll back into the driveway tomorrow and start to empty out the camper, sure is dirty back there from all the horrible winds we had.
    When it gets colder I may have to also go where there is electric for a heat source, the only one I know of close by is Gilbert Ray at $20. a night no discounts of any kind. Makes it kind of hard to stay for very long. If it works out for me camping I'm going to look into a jackery 250 just enough for simple things like charging phone, lights and note book. We shall see!

    Hi Sondra,
    My cousin is coming next month to look for a house in Green Valley, so I need to get thing done around here my place has summer hangover LOL. But I want to try and get in a camping trip before that or right after they leave. Hope your week is a good one too.



    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear it cooled off for you! It's been nice here too. I had to run the heater a couple nights. I had problems with the Walmart update too. My first problem was the update removed everything in my cart and I don't remember what I had in the cart (I put stuff in my cart and submit the order when I have enough items for curbside pickup). Even now, it's a pain to get the order put through because it keeps suggesting I have it shipped to myself instead of curbside pickup. Gotta love modern technology (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie,

    I have a number to call so they can help your or get it fixed if you would like it. I don't think it is really fixed here but at least I got this order through. Just don't understand why they feel a need to fix things that aren't broken. But lately they seem to be out of so many things which means I will have to go somewhere anyway to find what I need. GRRRrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they've updated some things on the app. Hopefully it fixes the problem! I went inside Walmart the other day and was shocked at how bare the shelves were. It's kinda scary - especially with the potential food crisis that seems to be on the horizon.

      Delete