Friday, November 12, 2021

Been A While, And Thank You To All Our Veterans For Their Service!

 Time just keeps racing by. I have been busy but don't ask at what cause I really don't know. 

But I am going to make more changes to the camper. I will put the bed back on the other side, it just seems easier for getting in and out. I bought a  plastic 3 drawer unit to put in the corner for added storage. And will have a place to put things on top like maybe a small personal heater for winter use and a few necessities. Also bought twin sheets so there isn't so much bulk under the mattress which I think causes the mattress to slide to the end. I would really hate to cut down the comforter but it is for a full size bed and it also hangs and makes more of a lump to cause more sliding. Picked up some small 3m hooks so I can hang my little trailer lights, never did get them up the last time. And yes I will start taking the ladder again. It just worked better and was safer. So I will start pulling everything out again so I can move the bed and the small shelf I had built a long time ago that goes over the wheel well it moves around very easily. I hope to go camping soon to see how it goes once again.

Other than that have worked on some crocheting things, sewed some flannel into the sleeves of jacket and will start working on some knotted blankets for the great grands for Christmas presents. I can always do that while camping, well maybe not they may take up to much room. Oh well they will get done even if I only take along one at a time. I always bring along some kind of crocheting and my reader.

The weather has started to really cool down so I will have to pay for an electric site. But if things work out (finally) I will maybe pick up a Jackery so I can run the small personal heater in the morning to take the chill out.

So that's about all for now maybe I will take some pictures of the set up once it gets done. Of course I have posted pictures of the set up before this might just be a little different.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Funny how we get so busy we don't even know what we've been busy doing. That describes me too! I look forward to pictures of your set up 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jo, hope your new ideas work out...I find it hard to get in and out of my van I have a step stool that put at the side doors that's where I get in, but its not as high as your truck. My old hip joints don't like it for sure. I look forward to your photos! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,
    Yes I didn't think it had been so long of course I'm not the best poster either. LOL

    Hi Sondra,

    I hope so too. I'm going to take my time doing this not like the last getting ready. I think since I worked so hard at it by time I went camping I was in so much pain and am sure that was part of what caused the failed trip. My hips really aren't the best for sure. You have a good weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! I love watching videos of people who update their camping vehicles especially those that do it themselves because then I can envision myself doing it.

    I am looking forward to the review of your Jackery and hope that you soon can go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,
    I don't know if I will make a video but pictures maybe. Is your van a conversion van? I would love to find one and set it up. But they are rare here and if you do see one they are pretty beat up and would cost a fortune to fix. So I just have to make this work.

    As for a Jackery that is left to be seen until I know I can be comfy enough with the set up and make more use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have thought things out and made your desired changes. Now get out there and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I meant to say the videos that I watch on YouTube but I know you and I are more picture-taking kind of gals.

    My dad had a middle life crisis when he turned 50 and wanted to buy a "hippie van" even though he hated hippies so he could spend the night at rest stops when they were on the road.

    My mom told him he could take her to a hotel and then he could go back to the rest stop and sleep there if he wanted. We talked him out of it at the time but he never gave up on it. For one of his birthdays, I told him to go buy whichever one he wanted as my present to him.

    The van is not a conversion van per say but was customized. By customized I mean it was insulated and the walls covered with thick material. It has a back seat that turns into a bed and had captain chairs in the middle that I took out after he passed away and I inherited it as mom wanted nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis,

    Well I haven't even started taking everything out yet as I have a couple projects started already and today I found out I am hosting Thanksgiving. I can take a couple of small projects with me. Tomorrow I get my booster and if all goes well as the first 2 vaccines I will start pulling things out.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Your dad sounds like he was fun, the story was so funny and what a memory for you. The van sounds great maybe you should look into fixing it so you can go to your dream place.

    ReplyDelete