Monday, November 15, 2021

Getting Busy Around Here.

I guess I am having Thanksgiving here as a last minute thing as always. But my grandson already bought the turkey and ham so that helps. I will have to talk him through making the ham and I will make the turkey if he gets it here this weekend and I can start to defrost it by Monday evening. I'll do some pies and a salad. The rest will be up to Aliya and Tracy to get sides and drinks as I just drink water .

I think I have way to many projects going on! I started making rag blankets or some call them knotted for the great grands as part of their Christmas presents. Cutting those blankets is not fun, I have 3 sides done on the first one and have 2 more to go. So tomorrow I need to hit up Michael's for one of those rotary  scissors or just a much better scissor. Also today started to learn how to crochet slippers for everyone. That might be a big maybe. LOL almost have 1 finished but who knows how it will look and if I can make a another one to match. I was also working on a squares for a patchwork  blanket but I guess that will be put aside for know along with my Annie's afghan. I haven't even started on the camper yet! That was my biggest project I wanted to get going on.

We shall see what tomorrow brings as I went for my booster vaccine this morning. So far just my arm hurts at the injection site. I didn't have any reactions to the first or second shot so I hope this one will be the same I don't have any down time available right now. 

When you get your shots at Safeway you get a 10% off on your grocery order so I picked up some foil pans with lids for take home left overs, 1 for roasting the turkey, couple packages of ground meat and some veggies I was running out of. I also managed to make a nice big pot of chicken soup. 

Friday I need to go get some labs done for my upcoming wellness check with the Dr., boy that came up fast.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Whew! You tired me out just reading. Don't push yourself, your family will understand

    I am getting my new pacemaker battery Thurs afternoon in Las Cruces. The original battery has reached its end and am running on the back-up (kind of like saying running on borrowed time). The backup is supposed to be good for 90 days.

    Kids will be here for turkey day and we will be seeing a niece's family on Sat in Las Cruces as they travel back home from Dallas to Calif. Been 4 yrs and am looking forward to seeing the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW Emily I didn't realize those battery only lasted 90 days. Sure happy you are getting a new one real soon.

      Glad you will see your kids for turkey day and your niece's family also. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
    2. It's the backup battery which only lasts 90 days. The Mayo Clinic says pacemaker batteries should last 5 to 15 years.

      Delete
  2. Its good to have lots of projects to stay busy...Im in the middle of wood burning season so my chores always include getting the wood split, and brought in for each day I always split a little more than I need so if it rains one day I have enough ready...I hope all your plans work out for the TG meal. I have an apt with a new clinic on Thursday SO I hope I will like it there I did not like the one I chose last yr so Im looking to change to this new place...we shall see. Its in a small town so I don't expect a filled waiting room which is one issue I had with the other place it's too small for the amount of patients being seen.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,
      Yes it is but boy was I happy when I found I had a Fiskars scissors already. After all the pain of using that cheap one. I can't even imagine me splitting wood, but love a nice fire. I'm sure things will work out for TG my daughter may not be able to make so I'm glad at least the kids (even though their adults) have a place to come to. Hope you like your new clinic sometimes its so hard to find a place we like and feel comfortable with.
      You have a great week also.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize Thanksgiving was next week! Enjoy your time with family and don't over do it 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    I didn't either until my granddaughter reached out to me. They had all been sick and I hadn't want to take a chance being around anyone sick. My daughter had a false positive covid test and it scared me to death as she had been here 3 days prior. Then she retested and they told her she never had it. Yesterday I got my booster shot. Feeling fine just a little sore in the arm which is normal. Don't worry I will neve over do it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear you got your booster shot and are doing well apart from the sore arm. I need to get a flu shot.

    Sounds like you will have a very nice Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete