Monday, December 27, 2021

It Was A Wonderful Time

 It was a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

While Christmas Eve was quiet with just my daughter Debbie we always find something to laugh about. We enjoyed the eggplant parmesan and baked ziti and a small piece of cherry pie. We opened our gifts to each other, Debbie gave me a small room humidifier, a lovely robe and a bag of little things of soaps hand lotions and a candle. She loved her jacket and warm fuzzy pants. And these things came in just in time for this crazy cold spell. She took home a tray of backed ziti to share with family and friends. I helped her carry out the gifts that had to go to Miliany and her family.

Christmas Day was wonderful also with lots of family and kids. There was lots of food once again. Tracy made manicotti some stuffed with pepperoni that was an experiment and it was very good, also Anthony baked a wonderful ham and I made baked ziti, meat balls and sauce. Some desserts but not many. I was so happy that my granddaughter and her boyfriend showed up with their adorable baby. They sure do grow fast. And I swore I was going to take pictures and never once took out my camera. I received many lovely gifts.

Since then the weather has been really cold and rainy. Today the high bounced from 49 to 50 F. We are expecting it to go as low as 30 tonight and not much warmer for the days high again. With lots of rain mixed in and should last well into next week. Hope to get to the store early tomorrow morning for some fresh veggies.

New Years I stay home and so does the rest of my family, safe is better than an  unsafe roadway.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas whether quietly or with others.

I did get some more of the truck emptied out but it was just  to cold to be out there.

Wishing everyone a Very Healthy and Happy New Year!!💯  

Please stay safe and don't drink and drive!!

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas 🎄😊 Have a safe and Happy New Year! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Thank You and I hope yours was just a wonderful. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

      Delete
  2. What a great Christmas with family and fantastic food. We, too, will stay home for New Year's Eve. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,

      Happy New Year to You and Jim may it be a healthy and happy one,

      Delete
  3. HI There Jo, it sounds like you had a great time with your family...I have no family here now only my son we did get together but he was ready to leave in a couple hours. Im planning nothing so far on New Years day if is should be nice n sunny I may do a new yrs birding day...we shall see.
    SO here we go into another Year I hope it's a Happy one for you and your family!!
    Be Safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,
      It was wonderful but it took me 2 days to re cooperate. Stopped celebrating New Years a long time ago. Hope you get that great weather so you can go birding and enjoy the places you take all those fabulous photos.
      Happy New Year and may it bring more great new birds to your list!

      Delete
  4. So glad it went well for you. And Joy for the coming New Year to you and I hope the Joy of your Christmas will carry over into the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      Hope you are well and had a great Christmas.
      Happy New Year may it bring you good health and lots of camping!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. The food sounds delicious...I have never tasted baked ziti or manicotti before...but I would love to do so.

    I am glad you got to see your great-grand baby, I bet she is beautiful!

    It has been decades since I have gone out on New Year's Eve I have always preferred to stay home. The weather channel has been covering the cold front in your area...stay warm!

    Happy New Year to you, your family, and all your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MsBelinda,

    Christmas, was wonderful and I had 3 of my great grandkids here. I hadn't seen the little boy since he was about 2mths now he is scooting around and exploring. He also enjoyed the baked ziti ;)

    Happy New Year to you and yours also

    ReplyDelete