Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Just The Same Stuff

More yard work, cleaning up more of the porch and planted some flowers. I didn't take pictures with the camera only the phone so they aren't here. 

Had the insurance guy here and a the roofer. Roof is really old so you know they gave the least amount towards the new roof.  I'm on the schedule for the end of May! These guys are swamped and I am not surprised with these winds. Told him as long as he gets me in before the monsoons start. We may be cutting it close. I picked a white energy efficient white roof.

Been working on the baby blanket in the afternoons and early evening. I ordered the amount of yarn that was called for but I realized it was not going to be enough so ordered more. I can always use any left over for a matching hat and maybe just a smaller lap blanket for maybe the car seat or what ever.

We reached 98 today but the cooler is doing a great job of keeping the house comfortable. The house stays pretty cool until about 11 am and then the cooler kicks on. And as I just typed this it shut off. It's nice to have a thermostat with the cooler.

Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, Hope the roof work goes smoothly...I expect to be doing the same in about 18 months or less...got to pay off some debt first. We have had some really nice weather and it's prefect today..
    Hope your week is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,
    I hope it goes well too and that they get it done before the monsoon starts. We had terrible winds again today right after I finished the final part of the porch clean up. One gust was so bad it knocked down and broke to of my pretty lanterns. GRRrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not envy you one bit with the yard work and cleaning. I hope everything goes well with your new roof that's another issue we have to tackle as my parent's house is pretty old.

    These high winds have done so much damage in the southern states, and they do not show any signs of slowing down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,
    I knew the roof was old but it was holding up so well, no leaks nothing. But these horrible winds took its toll.

    ReplyDelete