Saturday, April 16, 2022

Some Of This, Some Of That/ Happy Easter

Seems most of us have crazy weather stories going on, here the same. After the hot weather last week and having to use the cooler, it turned cold again and 2 mornings I had to turn on the heat for about an hour as it was 63 degrees  in the house. It did warm up some in the afternoons. It is back to warm and getting warmer.

So to give my self something to do I went out and cleaned the shed so have a big bag of junk to throw out. Need to call to see when the next Big Brothers, Big Sisters will be in the area as I have more stuff from the shed to go.

The guy next door finally hired someone to cut back the bushes, and he had been cutting the mesquite tree back for a couple of weeks, that tree makes the worst mess every and very hard to clean up. MsBelinda, if Terlingua Dreams, knows how that goes. That was great and I was able to tackle my yard work. Of course that made a large bag of trash and the very back section still needs raking and will produce another bag for trash.

Today I tackled the porch, it was so filthy from all the wind. It's all vacuumed so tomorrow I'll go out with a bucket of soapy water and clean up more on the chairs and little tables. It will be nice to be able to sit out early in the mornings to have my coffee before the real heat starts up and I have to hide out in the house.

Last weekend my grandson, and his wife, announced the baby gender and we will be welcoming a new baby girl. That makes great grandbaby #9. I, jumped right on the computer and ordered a very large box of diapers and a very pretty yarn in shades of white and a few shades of pink. I, started on that after I, showered all the grime off me from working on the porch. 

Wishing you all a Happy Easter if you celebrate. 

Good Night All


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, congrats on #9! I felt lazy after reading your post my shed is in a huge mess and I keep threatening to go something about it...but so far that has not happened as long as it has a door I can shut it may not happen..lol. But I have been getting my garden plants in buckets and put outside now if I can just keep the critters off them till they grow...Enjoy your day, nothing happening here today its the Anniversary of Casey's passing 2 yrs can you believe that? TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    I had such a mess in the shed and it still has a long way to go. I need to put some camping stuff on Market Place as they haven't been used in a long time. Nothing going on around here today but washing down the porch tables and chairs. I already feels nice to step out there and it is so much cleaner. Tomorrow I will go buy some plants and flowers to liven up the place. You enjoy your day also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning always seems to be a dirty job but someone has to do it. Wise to get things done before the het settles in.
    Congratulations on the new family member coming soon.
    Wishing you and your entire family a Safe and Happy Easter. Don't forget the real reason behind it.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on great-grandbaby #9! Happy Easter 🐣😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on Grandbaby#9!

    I agree with you about this crazy weather all over the US, heat, snow, rain, hail,tornados, and the worse is that darn wind...grrrr!!!

    Yes, I so dislike those mesquite trees, their pods, and anything to do with them. Earlier this week I was cutting the baby ones but there are so many even after I had the lot cleared last December and yes they thrive without a single drop of water :-(

    You have been busy as a bee...I wish I had your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick and Kathy,
    Spent a nice quiet day at home recuperating from all the hard work I did this week. Started working on a baby blanket.

    Hi Connie,
    Thank You. Hope you had a nice Easter.

    Hi MsBelinda,
    Thank You on baby congratulations.

    I was so happy to see him trim that tree way back away from my property. Those tiny leaves are so hard to rake up since I have gravel, don't need to be picking all that up.

    Yes was keeping busy was getting to lazy again and with the heat coming on I won't be doing much as it is.

    ReplyDelete