Thursday, April 7, 2022

Short Trip

 Tues. looked like it was going to be a perfect day so off we went. It was not! The predicted temps was supposed to be 80F. I have no idea what it was but we roasted. I was afraid Fred was going to have heat stroke so I kept wetting him down. When I finally finished setting up and sat down under the chair umbrella and added more shade with the folding table he finally settled down. Trying to give him all the shade I was pretty much with the sun on my back. He did have shade before but I think his being deaf has effected his sense of security. Even at home if he can't see me he starts to whine.  

Anyway it was just so hot and I did bring a fan but it did nothing for inside the camper. I need to find the ones everyone is raving about that can be charged with usb. But until Fall I'm sure I won't be going anywhere. If I had been alone I think I would have managed but couldn't take the chance. Got up very early and had very little sleep and struggled with staying another night but knew it wouldn't work and they called for higher temps. So packed up and sat and had half a cup of coffee and enjoyed the nice cool morning. Around 7am I loaded up Fred and headed for home.

Just a few pictures of camp 

I don't know what has happened to my computer as far as pictures go but it doesn't put them in order as you load them, and there are pictures missing. I had a picture of Fred in his bed at my feet and a picture of the table set up. Guess it's time to see the Geek Squad 

I took his bed out and put it next to me at the chair. As I look at this picture I don't even think it was from this trip, but the set up was pretty much the same but the table was set up this trip to show the stove and some of the collapsible items and the wind screen I made for around the stove, it worked great there was quite a breeze 







I kept trying to making the blanket stripes straight but I had to keep going in and out and had to put the bungie cord to keep the door from swinging all the way back. The curtains do not match but when I first set this camper up I couldn't find anything to fit so I went with these from Big Lots before they closed the store nearest to where I live. I really don't want to spend anymore money until I know I am going to continue to camp. I added the little drawer unit that I already had it sure helped to store more things out of the way. I glued a floor tile to the top so I can set things up there a clock, water and cup for brushing teeth. The drawers hold wipes meds, note pads, pens, glasses all sorts of things. The luggable loo is covered with the bag the sheets came in LOL hey it matches the sheets and pillow. Photos are from when I used to travel around Northeastern White Mountains, but you really can't see them in the photos



The blanket was definitely not needed, and as you can see I brought along crocheting which due to the heat I never touched


Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. This is the first time that I get to see your camping setup. You have a lot of room, it is well laid out and I love your little lights.

    I hope you can get to go camping again perhaps at a higher altitude it won't be so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MsBelinda,
      I should have taken a picture while it was loaded to go, believe me it is packed to the brim lol So loading is like a puzzle to fit everything in there. Don't know about the higher altitude with my lung problem.

      Delete
  2. Aww.. darn weather! Glad you keep Fred (and yourself) safe. My dog, Cookie, was deaf and he didn't let me out of his sight either. It's a useful thing though. To get him to come back all I had to do was go out of his sight (while keeping an eye on him). Great set up in your camper. It looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      I don't understand why it was that hot out there but it sure was. The set up is my finale change around, when I first set it up this was the way it looked but then for some reason I moved the bed over and I just couldn't manage the getting in n out part which is tricky to begin with.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo, so glad you got out and went in spite of the heat...you had a nice level site and your set up looks very cozy and nice! I imagine it's very comfy sleeping in there....I have the same type drawer units...it's light weight and easy to put in and out. NOW there is a cold front going thru here after some pretty stormy weather. Enjoy the rest of your week. Maybe you will get a cold spell and you and Fred will be ready to take off again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice set up.
    I, too, was having problems downloading pictures. Took both phone and computer to local shop. No real help. And I've given up on the Geeks. Only tech I trust and does whatever needs to be done is in Len's hometown in Louisiana. 550 miles away! We were there last month. He did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,
      I still blame this mess on windows 10 and the forced so called upgrades even if you choose to bypass them they still do it! And this Lenovo laptop is a piece of junk to!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    I love that site, it has electric but of course I don't have a use for it unless I go out in the winter but it gets pretty crowded now with all the new RVers out there. I didn't get much sleep because it was so hot until around 2am then fell asleep for a couple hours. Don't think I will be able to go again until Fall. You have a great weekend and hope you get to enjoy your cold spell.

    ReplyDelete