Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Getting Ready

 The humidity has dropped for a couple days, but the triple digits are back! I did use the cooler for most of the day but once late afternoon came around and the sun to the west the house heated up and A/C came back on. Just turned it off and turned the cooler back on hope it works for  tonight.

But I am so ready for Fall! I shampooed the rug yesterday and again today. The dog makes a mess with rolling around and he sheds like crazy so he made quite a big dark spot where he does his rolling. And the area at the porch entry gets pretty bad to. But it sure looks much better. Maybe in the spring I will have it taken out and put in some type of flooring but no more carpet for me. Tomorrow morning I will do the office and be done. I will work my way around the house cleaning blinds. 

I want to be ready for take off as soon as the weather gets cooler. Of course I will have to strip down the camper and get it cleaned up again. It really gets filthy in there just from the stinking wind that blows all that sand and dirt around. Get out my Green machine and shampoo the rug back there it needs is.

Been checking out places I want to go and having the power unit is going to help a lot, and I bought a Ever Start Jump Starter which also will charge a few things if need be. 

This Friday, I will have a new great granddaughter, Viviana!

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. I hope your triple-digit temperatures do not last long. I am so jealous that you are going to go camping... you deserve it!

    When you clean your blinds do you remove them? I am afraid to remove ours and then not be able to hang them back up.

    What a beautiful name your great-granddaughter will have...Viviana :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we are going to have a week or so of triple digits again but hopefully low 100's
      No I do not take them down since they wouldn't fit in the tub, and they are way to heavy for lifting. So I use rags to clean them off after I use a swifter duster then the wet rags.
      I don't think we ever had a Viviana in the family.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I think I will buy a swifter duster because our blinds are too heavy for me to take down and put back up by myself and they wont fit in our bathtub either.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo you are busy for sure...hope the Fall gets there early for you THIs time Im not looking forward to fall cause our Electric co-op is giving us a huge rate Hike!! that Really helps my situation NOT...Soon we wont be able to live a decent life due to greed of the capitalists!! I have all wood floors but since my old dog floss slips alot I have had to put a line of throw rugs all the way from my bedroom at the back where she sleeps all the way thru the house so she can get around without falling..Sometimes it works but not always,,,Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my twisted mind I tell myself that if I do fall cleaning it will bring it on faster! Our electric bill has sky rocketed to. And having such a horribly hot summer my bill was $177. last month and hate to see what it will be this month. And your right they keep saying they are fighting these companies LIES! My inhaler went up $20 in 1 month and now is $165. for just 1 month. I know of people who pay thousands of dollars for medications.
      You have a great day also

      Delete
  3. I sure hope you get to make your runaway soon because that will mean the temps are better. Pretty brutal week we're having. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't to bad last week but this week is not looking good!

      Delete
  4. I'm ready for fall too! Can't wait to hear about your fall adventures. Congrats, Great-Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been such a bear and I need it to change. Need some adventures for sure. Thank You

      Delete
  5. I can relate to dogs rolling in stuff. When we had algae kill fish in our pond, Biscuit loved rolling on the dead fish. Oh my. Hope you find the PERFECT spot this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my thank heavens we don't have dead fish Fred would do the same I'm sure! Really hoping for many camping trips soon.

    ReplyDelete