Friday, June 10, 2011

Smoke again

Today started out to be really pretty. We had a pre evac meeting just to cover bases and to remind everyone to take important papers and medications they will need when they leave if need be. Then we took off to see some sites and it started getting very smokey and it smelled of fire real bad. But we kept going . When we came out of one of the stores it seemed like there was a slight breeze and before you knew it the smoke was clearing and it made for a much better day. The rest of the day was spent hanging a bird feeder and a new daisy bird house. Also put out the bird bath but I think it will more than likely fall over soon. then it was time to sit on the porch and just hang out and enjoy the rest of the day.
I will try to post pictures of the new bird stuff tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I see our followers are back. Blogger is a pita, sometimes. I am tired of hot and dry and smoke and all the downers of this Summer. I hope better days are in store for us all. We did have a 20 minute rain, yesterday. First time since October!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read that you're still ok. Hopefully the pre-evac meeting will stay pre-evac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael,
    I can't see my friends. this is really getting to me now. I tried to down load new things last night 6/11 and couldn't. Yes we sure could use a lot of rain here to put out these fires or to as least help the fire fighters.

    Jeana, I hope the meeting will stay pre evac to. We are smoke free again.

    ReplyDelete