Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not Such a Beautiful Day

Today was cloudy and grey. So I set my sights on covering the foam I bought to make a back cushion for the motor home. Since you really don't know me, I will tell you I hate being told what to do unless I ask for advise. Today I realized I don't even take my own. Now that's really bad and I sure made it very hard on myself today.
I knew I should bring the foam and material in the house so I could spread it out on the table and have more room to work.  So I started to sew the material onto the foam and I was almost to the end when I realized it was not coming out very good. Then another thing came to mind. I should have bought batting but never gave it a thought. Foam is not a friendly material to work with. So I had to rip out the whole thing. I had already spent about 2 hours on this and my arms had had enough. I finally brought everything in the house and spread it out on the table. I took some Tylenol and got back to work. I finished in no time and it doesn't look to bad, but the ends were rough but you can't see them anyway. The hardest part was trying to keep the foam folded so it would be thicker to make a fuller back rest. I tied it with cord and I left the cord tied since trying to remove it only made the process harder.  I am pleased with it so I guess that's all that matters, Right? I say yes. lol

It started raining about 4 pm. This rain wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow. I knew it would rain today the clouds were dark and full. Right now it is pouring down, I love the sound of rain. As long as it doesn't go on for days.

Wednesday is a go for pulling out. I need to go shopping tomorrow and pick up some groceries.

Not much else to report so have a great Holiday tomorrow.

This is where they mine the white stone. Some maybe snow but I think the mining has really spread as we have not had cold weather in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Jo, if that cushion please you it tickles the heck out of me. I'm pretty sure I'd better be agreeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you sew. Me? Poor Leonard. If he needs a button sewed on, he does it. I understand your like of listening to the rain. How cool that you will be moving out real soon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how you did that cover but sure sounds complicated, lololol.
    Plz plz tell me you ARE gonna keep doing this blog when you leave.

    ReplyDelete