Monday, February 6, 2012

Surgery set for March

I was hoping it would get done today. But its like any other surgery. Pre Op junk needs to be done. So I will get that done Feb. 22.  And the surgery isn't happening until March 14. I guess that's OK. My left eye shows no sign of a cataract and is very healthy. I was told the patch stays on for the entire day and I have to go back the next day for them to remove it and then lots of drops will be needed to keep away any infections. As long as I am ready to hit the road April 15 I'm OK with it all.

The rest of the day was spent in the house waiting for the dilated eyes to recover. Then about 3:30 did a run to the store.

Tomorrow I will drop off Mom's Little Runaway to get the toilet and entry door fixed. I will get it back maybe on Friday. I found a place to park it so I won't have so much trouble getting in the driveway. But before I leave for the summer I will bring it back here so it won't be out in the hot sun all summer.

Talk at you all tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Cataract surgery is a snap, JOJO! You'll be amazed at color--especially blue. Just think how much more you'll see/notice this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound like everything is going to get fixed for summer, you and Mom's Little Runaway will be raring to go in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best things I have ever had done was cataract surgery! Had both eyes done last year and suddenly I wasn't even having to wear my glasses anymore! Best thing about the surgery...no pain at all and took about 15 minutes!

    I still need the bifocals to see very small print, but I can certainly live with that!

    You will be so amazed, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be so much better able to see the sights as you travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello HoboPals,
    I know it will be a snap and I can't wait to have it done.
    Thank you for coming by and leaving your good thoughts.

    Hi John,
    Yes the 2 old girls are getting all fixed up for the summer fun.
    Thanks for stopping by this morning.

    Hello Jim,
    I am excited to have this surgery done. I know so many people who had it done and they all say how nice it was to be able to see things so clearly again. I had hoped to get it done sooner but I will wait.

    Thank you for the kind words, but I wouldn't expect any thing less from my Special Freind.


    Hello Phyllis,

    That will be amazing to see all the colors so clear again. In the past 6 mths this thing has gotten pretty heavy and annoying.


    Thank you so much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got them in both eyes, and was at the point of not driving when i finally had em removed. No insurance. But, was great when i did. You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Trouble,
    That is tough when we get hit with no insurance. Luck I have it now. I will be so happy to have this done.
    Thanks for coming by for read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you have to wait till March, but at least it doesn't sound like it will interfere with your upcoming trip. I love your little rig, thanks again for posting the pics the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi TexCyn,
    I guess I waited this long another month will be OK and thats why it is going to be next month. Couldn't put this trip off been waiting for it for to long.
    Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

    Thanks for stopping by for aread today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoJo, your eye surgery will be easy and you'll be amazed at the difference it will make in your sight. When I was a kid my Mom had cataracts taken off both her eyes, I remember her being in the hospital for several days and then another week at home before she went back to have the patches taken off. Sure has improved since then!

    ReplyDelete