Monday, April 23, 2012

A Visit to Rainbow Lake

I had to go to Walmart again today. I hope this will be my last trip for at least 2 weeks. And of course I forgot to buy my fishing license again. I can always stop at the Fish and Game Dept.

I stopped to check out Rainbow Lake on the way home. The Lake is really high. And the water seems to look much better after they gave it a treatment for some fungus that was taking over. One of my neighbor's here went fishing this morning and caught a few rainbow trout. One of them was 12 in. nice. Other neighbor's went to Big Bear and caught 2 at limit size. Big Bear is on Indian land and that requires another license. You can buy it by day or for a year. I don't remember how much it is, but it isn't cheap. The lakes on the reservations are very large and very beautiful.


 I sure wouldn't mind waking up in that cabin every morning.
Or for that matter any of them along this lake.


The water isn't normally this high

See how the water is running across the road to the top of the picture.

In a comment from earlier today someone, asked about wild life.
There are skunks, raccoons, squirrels, deer, elk and bear. I haven't seen another bear since I came up 3 yrs ago or elk either. I have smelled the skunk and the squirrels drive Fred crazy.

The temp today was around 83 but there was that slight breeze that makes it comfortable. Last night I never turned on the heater. I did turn it on to take the chill off so I could shower.
After running around I sat out on the porch or we took walks.
Gotta Love It.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, those places along the lake would be a nice place to wake up every morning. They should know you by name at Walmart by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John,
    Maybe I can win the lottery and buy one. Oh I guess not you have to buy tickets. I bought a floor lamp yesterday and I don't like it so I am going to bring it back. And maybe my new glasses will be done and I can pick those up at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this place. And thx for answering my question about wildlife. Love that too. Had a pair of roadrunners around here the first 5 or so years i lived here, and you talk about something fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trouble,
    In Tucson we have lots of Roadrunners and Quail of course there are lots of other critters there too. I love to watch the quail run they remind me of those wooden things that the legs spin when the wind blows.

    ReplyDelete