Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The failed fishing trip

Now I know its been a long time since I have been fishing. BUT
this was the worst attempt ever.

I got the rod and reel assembled but it wouldn't cast. So I
took it apart and tried another  way. Nope no such luck. Then
the wind would pick up and made assembly that much harder.
Some guy came up next to us and cast off and boom caught a
really nice rainbow. Cast off again boom another one. So I asked
him if he knew what could be wrong. He pointed to a loop thing
on the bottom of the rod and said I shouldn't have the line in there.
So I took it apart again and threaded the rod. Nope that wasn't it
either. So I decided to just forget it and take pictures. That didn't work out so good either. Just not my day I guess.

Like I said I couldn't even take pictures today. This Osprey was flying all around us and I just couldn't get him in my view. It
came so close  over our heads but I just couldn't find him.  Now I
can't get blogger to do what I want. The picture below this one is
when he was diving for a fish and he caught it but I just couldn't
catch that either.





Even this dead fish got away from me.  Tomorrow I am going to buy a kids rod and reel see if that works for me.

6 comments:

  1. Time for bed with a fresh start scheduled for tomorrow, it's just got to be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John,
    I think so I am going to stay positive. :)
    Have a great day and thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess we all have days like that! Luckily they don't come around that often!

    Have a better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. should have just jumped in the lake for a swim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jim,
    Yea and today I didn't have time to go. Maybe tomorrow.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    Hey Princess,

    That isn't the kind of water you want to jump in. And I didn't feel like being Aunt Bunny. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Aunty bunny fell down the steps aunt bunny fell down the steps

    ReplyDelete