Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yup This is The Desert Alright

Woke up at about 4 am tried to go back to sleep but not happening. So at 5 I got up turned on the coffee, brushed my teeth and took Fred out. It was not very chilly at all.

So we went from really nice comfortable mid 70's all the way to 90. I was so tempted to turn on the A/C. I turned on the ceiling fans instead. Didn't really help much.

I cleaned up the carport of all the leaves from the wind. I'm still trying to figure out where these leaves come from. They don't look like anything growing around here.

Took the trash out to the curb. Put the filing cabinet on my little red wagon and set that at the curb too. No not my little red wagon the filing cabinet.

I've lived in some neighborhoods where that would have been gone before I got in the door.

Have plumber coming this weekend to fix the leak and talk about removing the cooler and adding some matching skirting. I don't think i will replace it. It is much cheaper to run as long as it isn't humid. right now it would be great.

Is every one's week going will ? sure hope so.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. I heard a story about a guy that put a used refrigerator on the curb with a free sign on it and it didn't budge until he changed the sign to $50.00, it was stolen that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John,
    That was a good one. I was surprised it was still out there this morning, thought for sure the people next door would get it after dark. Trash just took it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, we made it to 81 yesterday and today is supposed to be 86. Wow, talk about a fast heat-up! Been busy taking out the plants that didn't survive the prolonged cold winter and pruning the damaged branches off the rest. Geesh, that weather really took a toll at our home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where we lived in NJ we were sounded on all four sides by a nursery. Lots of workers at the nursery. We never worried about ever throwing appliances, furniture etc out. Just take it to the curb.

    That is curious about those leaves. But isn't it always the way - they blow ON our property not OFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello JMD,
    Yes our weather changes are quick and crazy. we go from one extreme to the next. We are looking at 93 today. By the end of next week back down to the 70s.
    Don't work to hard.

    Hi Phyllis,
    This business with the leaves is enough to make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete