Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting Close

Got all the insulation in today and started to put the rug in place. Carpet tape held insulation just great but would not hold the carper. My cuts were really bad again. But this isn't a top of the line operation not done by me anymore. So after fighting a losing battle with the tape I put some screws around the top frame of the bed to hold the rug in place. By then the body was screaming nasty things at me and the heat was building even with the fan running. So I figured it was time to quit before I made things even worse. Tomorrow I will finish up the carpet and start loading up the stuff.  I need to get as much done by Monday as I can, as I will not have use of the carport for a few days.

Tues. the guys will come and take down the raised carport. Kevin said it may take all day and part of Wed. to take it down but only 2 hours to put up the new one. He couldn't believe how badly the raised carport was put together.

I still have to figure out how to hold the carpet to the wheel well, I will have to buy a runner to finish off the right side wall. I also need to screw down the carpet on the head of the bed.
I really figured out that body just doesn't do the things it used to :(

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Starting to shape up. When you get done torturing your body you'll be ready for some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I like hearing about this first on FB ... and I'll reiterate ... looking good.

    night! Charlie's sound asleep ... can it last? ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great when you get everything in it no one will see anything that's not perfect. your doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean now that I'm 60 everything is harder than it used to be...It looks awesome...maybe some of that peel n stick Velcro would work on the wheel well parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John,

    Hope to have most of it done and at least half of it loaded.

    Hi Carolyn,

    Thank You.

    Sweet little Charlie are you keeping him all night?

    Hey Lucy,

    I thought the same thing. Hope my grandson shows up today so I can have him carry the mattress from the house into the camper onto the bed. I'll finish the other side after our trip. Maybe.

    Hi Sondra,

    The Velcro wouldn't stick either its something the rug is made out of I think.
    Yes things sure aren't the way they used to be. My body is one mass of agony today.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making a lot of progress, Jo!

    Take a hot, soaky bubble bath. It does wonders for those aches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon,

    Made lots of progress today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! A great way to fasten the carpet to the wheel wells is by using Contact Cement Open all your windows and turn on a fan for good ventilation. Make all adjustments first then using a paint brush apply a coating on the wheel well then the same on the carpet. When it becomes tacky to the touch apply it in precisely in place. As soon as it touches it will be set. That is why the call it Contact Cement. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I don't think I could stand that smell in such a small area. I think I am done with all that now. But that you for the info.

    ReplyDelete