Thursday, October 23, 2014

Flu Shot Day

Had a follow up today for the kidney test and what ever else they did back on Oct.1. Everything was normal. Then the Dr. asked about a flu shot I have never had one. He said your a bad candidate for the flu but a good candidate for the flu shot. OK shoot me.  Then he started looking through my chart and said Oh it's time for your yearly check up. Oh wonders of all time. So EKG was done, Oxygen levels where tested and a slew of other things are being ordered. 
Did any of you notice that the older we get the more test are required for a yearly physical?  I don't have time for all this, I have places to go and tree's to hug. Then of course I had to start coughing and that lead to more looking and questions. Decided it was just allergies and gave me a script for nasal spray. I knew that.

It turned into a very busy day and tomorrow will be even worse. Need to do the shopping for home and the G.A.I.N. Pizza Party. I will be so happy once this is over on Sat.

Good Night All


10 comments:

  1. I do understand testing...a bit tiresome. Just got finished up with some of mine. Sigh. For now at least.

    Getting nippy at nights and in the mornings here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, getting older is NOT for sissies. I'm not looking forward to yet again all the tests that are to come. I just wish for quick solutions. Good luck for your results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these tests and no time to study. Hope you pass with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JMD,

    Hope you passed all your tests. I have passed the few I have already taken and I know the rest will go the same, but it takes up to much of my time. LOL

    Hi Karen,

    Your right on the note of not for sissies. Thank you

    Good Morning John,

    Really there is no time to study but I am thinking no problem I am going to pass and get moving to somewhere.

    Yes nippy here too and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go to the doctor only when I have a specific need to and don't get yearly exams any more. I also decided to refuse most of the tests they want to take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gypsy,

    I only go to the Dr. when there is a problem. I have a disease that is not curable and causes other problems. So these tests are very necessary. It just drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I can say good about getting older is that it sure beats the alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jim, My Friend,

    Yes it sure is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive never had a flu shot...but everyone else in my family have gotten theirs! I love your new header its an awesome photograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sondra,

    Well I figured my Dr. knows best so I got one.

    Glad you like the header it was defiantly saying have a good trip home.

    ReplyDelete