Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's Over

First someone needs to tell the weather if IS FALL! It was really warm today and very humid.

I had gotten some new Capri's yesterday and a new shirt for today's event. The pants although black worked out but the shirt noway it was to hot. I did have a shirt to wear and if I would have remembered it I would not have bought the new one. Oh well maybe something will come up this winter and I can wear it then.

I went to the Club house early and got all the pamphlet set up on a table. My Co Chair came with her husband and they started getting other things together. People of course always show up early but we were ready. The pizza was on time and so were our speakers. 
We had a speaker from the Sheriff's Dept. 2 from the Drexel Heights Fire EMT Division and a guy who has an animal removal business. He brought along some critters, snakes and a beautiful Gila monster,and a  desert toad. I stayed near the exit when the snakes came out. :~( All in all everything went off quite well and I was told it was the best  G.A.I.N. get together they could ever remember. We had 43 attendees and they also said that was one of the largest ones ever. So I am glad that I did a good job and leaving the Neighborhood Watch on a good note.

One of my neighbors told me about a travel trailer their friends is selling and they will give me a ride over there to check it out sometime this week. I think it maybe more than I want to have but worth a look.

I am ready to relax now so you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend.


  

10 comments:

  1. About the clothing issue...it is a bit of a confusing time. I change at least three times a day.

    Hooray for you Jo, what a great job you have done and maybe, just maybe, inspired someone else to do their turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JMD,

      This weather is quite confusing. This morning was not even chilly. I really thought we saw the last of this heat and humidity.

      Thank You I hope they continue on this note to keep the Neighborhood Watch growing.

      Delete
  2. It's a great feeling to leave on a good note, and I'm sure your efforts are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gypsy,

      Yes it is a good feeling. It was appreciated by most and that does count.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on pulling off a successful meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you--the hostest with the mostest--is what I always think of. I know they are going to miss you tho!
    Hope that trailer has your name on it...
    I havent bought anything new in a long time--I do shop at Goodwill- find many never worn, brand new, with price tags still on for half the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      Thank you.

      I sure hope the trailer has my name on it too. I was told that it needs a 1/2 ton to tow so I'm thinking it might be a pretty old one. Not that that matters but they are a lot heavier. I will find out how much it weights before I go look. No point falling in love with something I can have once again.

      Goodwill has improved around here and the clothes are much better than before, just didn't have the time to shop.

      Delete
  5. Been mid 70's up at 8000ft which is crazy this time of year. Just saw 2 casitas on Tucson craigslist just put up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ryan,

    This weather is crazy. I will head over there after I finish blogging for today. The 17' was nice but to heavy to tow. Enjoy yourself

    ReplyDelete