Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Crazy Weather

A week ago I was wondering when Fall was coming. It never did we just went straight to winter. They are calling for freeze warning for tonight so I covered the faucets outside and unscrewed the garden hose.

It has been cold and windy. But it is warmer outside in the afternoon than it is in the house. I open the door and some windows to let in the warmer air. Even Fred prefers to be outside.

Tomorrow it's put the winter sheets on the bed and add another blanket. But sleeping sure is nice.

I finished the baby blanket and hat today. Now that the cooler  or is colder weather is here I will start making lap robes and blankets for the donations. I'm really way behind on this task. Maybe I will finish up some of the yarn I moved out to the shed. I pulled out one afghans I started last year and will get that finished soon.. It is a nice heavy one and will keep someone warm.



Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the unfinished projects. Haven't had much time this year to work on , much less finish some of mine. Getting late into the year to do much more, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally have sun after 9 straight days of rain and drizzle so IM on heavy yard clean up since noting has been done to the yard since we left! It's great you have a craft to help you with the short winter days I have little to do once the sun goes down to keep me busy therefore all the blog posts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did get cold all of a sudden. No freezing here but it was only 43 yesterday morning when I got up. Warmer today which will be nice. Now if the wind will quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim,

    I guess I will have to higher someone to do some heavy duty yard work and get that done. Grand kids all are working now so no time to get here. But inside jobs are getting done slowly but surely.

    Hi Sondra,

    You seem to have gotten the rain we had for so long. Now it is sunny but oh so cold and windy. Yard work needs doing here also.

    Hi Jim & Sandie,

    Time to call in to the maintance guy and light my furnace it sure is cold now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think about the outdoor faucets. It's only going down to about 36 this evening and in the 40's the next few days. But the days aren't much warmer except in the sun. I'm glad I got my winter bedding out and in place. It sure makes a difference in getting a great night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gypsy,

    I sure made up my bed with the winter stuff and had the furnace lit. I don't mind sleeping in the cold but sure mind it when I get up.

    Hi JMD,

    You must be higher up than us stay warm

    ReplyDelete