Thursday, January 12, 2017

Will It Last

I had a Tech here yesterday for 2 hrs. he put in a new modem and crawled all over the place. He even went in the shed looking for a reason why the other jacks don't work. He said they could rewire for one to the computer room for $100. No that isn't going to happen. It has been working for a year like this. So he started working on the laptop and figured out that all those guys on the phone repair system some how managed to mess up the IP address. He didn't know how to fix it because this is Widows 10. He never shut down the laptop and I didn't realize it until this morning. I noticed that the yellow triangle was not in front of the Internet icon so I jumped right on it. Will it last? I don't know it did this before but as soon as I shut down it went back off upon reboot. Oh and he was able to add century link to my phone so I can get more speed while at the house. Reading blogs is still a problem and while I can read mine I can't post to it.

Other than that everything has been pretty good on the home front. Weather has been really nice, I even managed to clean up the porch some and Fred and I really enjoyed being out there. Of course we are possibly going to have rain tomorrow. Last night got really cold and this morning it still is but should warm up nicely.

Have a Great Day

4 comments:

  1. Where I am I only have ATT service available, but I'll have to say their internet is excellent. (I hope I don't jinx it with those words).

    There will be a bit of rain in the coming days but mostly sun and lower temperatures. I don't think I will be able to sit outdoors for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're still having trouble, that can be annoying. Bad news here Mom had a bad fall and broke her left arm! The break is up high on the humerus they dont normally do anything but keep it in a sling, so Im back staying at her house for now...she can't do anything since she had to use a walker to walk she can't manage that with only one hand. SOooooo Im exhausted! The weather has been super since that snow day we had.
    Hope you stay hooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read blogs in a long time. I don't know where the time goes - I sure don't get much accomplished like you do. I just like to check to see that the people on the blogs I read most often are ok. Hope your internet keeps on keepin' on,Jo. Pats to Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gypsy,

    We have ATT here but it is quite expensive but it's looking better all the time. It wasn't working this morning until about 8:30 am so now I am trying to catch up again. Seems every time I shut down it loses the connection and takes almost 2 hrs to come up.

    Hi Sondra,

    So sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard it is on you but your heart keeps you going with the love you have for her. At her age mending bones don't happen quickly. Keeping you in my deepest thoughts.

    Hi Nancy,

    Was wondering where you went off too. But you must have been busy doing something :) I haven't accomplished much these days just trying to get healthy and make up my mind about whether I will continue to camp. Its such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete