Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Doing Things

It hasn't cooled down one bit and we have broken all the previous records. To hear the meteorologist talk about it its like some big wonderful thing. UGH! Not even the mornings are nice enough now to sit out and drink my coffee.

So I figured it was time for a long over due closet clean out. I emptied the closet of almost all the clothes except for winter stuff and that isn't much. My closet looks good and now there is lots of room on the rod and I intend to keep it that way I have enough to get me by for any occasion . Today I cleaned out some dresser drawers. I have a big bag to go to the  donation center if they are even open with this heat.  They usually are sitting out side of the truck or inside depending on the weather.

So not much else to tell about since I have't left this house since Sunday, I did take the trash down to the street and then back up after it was empty and of course to check on the water for the birds and letting Fred out and he sure makes a quick job of it too.

Good Night All

12 comments:

  1. Think of the money we save by not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my electric bill with be $200 if not more.

      Delete
  2. Right Gypsy, we are spending money to keep the inside of the house cool, lets take advantage of it and stay home and cool. Ya'all stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the high humidity so it feels miserable outside. Next week we head west and I don't look forward to the heat! Good you are catching up on house chores I started packing just to stave off boredom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      No lie this is awful, and the mountains are running mid 90's so that wouldn't be any help since the truck camper would be a real death trap in that heat.

      Delete
    2. Oh brother I see I must be suffering from some heat thing.

      Hi Sondra,

      The humidity is starting to build here so added with the 110 + it is awful. Be careful driving in that heat. Yes doing these chores is keeping me sane and from sitting on my butt all day.

      Delete
  4. So sorry you are stuck there. It's only going to be in the 70s here today and it's wonderful. We would not be going anywhere if we were still there. Checking out tons of movies at the library. Stay hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,

      I went out this morning and thought I would never be able to catch my breath from the horrible heat. If a store isn't open at my time of morning I just won't be going to it.

      Delete
  5. I just can't imagine standing that heat. It would wipe me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      As long as I stay in the house it isn't to bad, but sometimes you just have to go out.

      Delete
  6. I don't like the heat, but don't remember complaining when I was a kid. We had no air conditioning so we were always outside. It's been nothing but rain, here, so far so having no air hasn't been bad--my pocket book loves it! I bought a great fan https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGW5HRW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - I'm going to use it unless it gets unbearably hot. I had one in my trailer and it kept me comfortable on the hotest nights. It rode in the bed when I traveled. I'd put it so that it pulled air in from the side with no sun - worked great this is a very good buy compared to that fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy,
    I have started using the ceiling fan at night but I still need the a/c as it really doesn't cool down much at night. But the temps have been going day a little it was 111 today but right now at 8:13 it is still 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete