Monday, June 5, 2017

The Heat Is ON!

We hit 104 today and it will be worse through the week. 

Took Fred to the groomers this morning for a good bath and she trimmed his nails a little bit more. 

Then it was  home as it was already getting pretty hot. I have made a list of things I want to get done around here so I am not just sitting around.

I cleaned out my pantry and got rid of some old herbs. It just doesn't pay to buy in large quantities because they just don't get used up fast enough. Then I found doubles of things and I just put them together. Washed off all the shelves. 

Tomorrow I will go first thing in the morning for a hair cut and run to the store for some veggies and filters for the A/C.  That should carry me into the already to hot to be out.

I have planned to empty out some Christmas glasses and mugs and get them packed away. If no one wants them then off they go to donations. Shelves will get washed off and left empty. YAY! Progress.

If anything needs being done out of the house then the earlier the better. I have started freezing 1/2 bottles of water and then putting cold water the rest of the way when leaving the house. 

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad we finally got to leave the heat. Well sort of - it was 91 here in northern NM today. But that is better than 100+. You are definitely making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never leave home without an insulated thermos of cold water. I just did the same with a lot of my spices. I threw many of them out because they were way out of date or else I haven't used them in years. Now most everything in my spice cabinet is relatively new and I can really tell a difference with some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggg 104 that is hot!! We continue to be in a pattern of rain, it is muggy and humid! Good idea to freeze bottles of water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie,
    I wouldn't mind the 91, but surprised for Northern NM. Have to keep moving have so much to get rid of.

    Hi Gypsy,

    I even was able to get rid of one basket that I was keeping things organized in. I liked that.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Always keep hydrated even in winter since it is so dry here.

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes thats hot but it gets worse as summer settles in. Then when the monsoons get here the humidity is a real challange thank heavens I have A/C.

    ReplyDelete