Sunday, August 20, 2017

Great Day

The weather this week was really great mid to high 90's low humidity. Gorgeous mornings with windows and doors open.
Did a bit of shopping for the planned Sunday gathering and some yard work.

Last week my grandson Eric asked me to make this recipe that was being passed around on FB so I said how about for Christmas, no how about now this weekend. Of course I said yes and Tracy was making potato salad she makes the best. Eric and Christian brought over a cheese cake. Next thing my granddaughter Amanda invited her and her family and made a great  green salad and a fruit salad. Then got a call from grandson Adam and he wanted to come with his girl, next Anthony said he was coming too.  We had a great time and 6 great grand kids ranging in age from 6-2 running all over the place until they went into the spare room where all the toys are kept and they just had a ball in there, I told them that most of the toys are from when their parents were little like them, the looks were so funny.
 The sandwiches made with chicken, cheese and Italian bread which they call French bread here and coated with olive oil, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese and baked in the over for about 30 min. just to melt the cheese. Sauce is put on the table if someone wants to add it to their plate for dipping. I never was able to get a picture as it went so fast. We made 3 loaves. Everyone got the kitchen cleaned up before they took off with some really tired kids and a very tired Nonna/ Nana, I am Nana to the grand kids and Nonna to the great grands.

Tracy, taking pictures its hard taking pictures of a constantly moving crowd


 The 6 yr old's and I don't know where the other one is
I didn't finish moving over the pictures as I didn't know if they were moving.

We maybe moving towards more rain this week so I better get some birthday gifts bought early in the morning and Fred to the groomers

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you all had a great time. Nothing like little ones to bring out the inner child in us, you are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great bash!! Fred is going to be King for a day eh? My dogs are filthy I want to toss them in the river...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Msbelinda,

    Yes gathering just to gather is always fun, And I am a very lucky lady indeed.

    Hi Sondra,

    Fred got so much attention from everyone and he was exhausted as the kids when it was all over. Yes need to make him an apt. he stinks so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the your crowd grew, so must the food that was contributed. Which disappeared the fastest. I am betting the food. Great times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Phyllis,
    Of course all the guys are big eaters and we had a lot. The only thing left over was one long loaf of bread and we started to wonder if we wouldn't have make more chicken to stuff in it but everyone finally had enough especial when someone mentioned cheese cake haha.

    ReplyDelete