Sunday, August 27, 2017

Little Trip

Not much of a week around here. 
Fred got sick and just don't  know from what but he is fine now. Had to do some carpet scrubbing and kennel washing but glad it wasn't worse. Sure made me feel some unused muscles.

Made another batch of muffins. Cooked up some shrimp in a new recipe. Use shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes cut in half, red onion, red and yellow mini bell peppers or large bell peppers. Sprinkle or spray olive oil, a little chili powder and bake at 400 for about 15-20 min. While that is baking make a dressing with 3lbs olive oil, 3lbs lime juice,  2 lbs honey and 1/3sp chili powder, mix. Remove  vegetables from oven and make a part in the middle and add shrimp, drizzle a little of the dressing over the shrimp and  mix little through all , return to oven for another 5-10 min. let cool and then spoon over a mixed lettuce add more dressing and enjoy. You can add salt n pepper to taste. 

Today was another birthday party and it was held a Peter Pipe. It can get expensive but everyone paid for the kids to do what ever and a couple pizza's were ordered. Of course the kids had a blast and they come to tell you they will clean up. But we did some of the cleaning ourselves.

I had been going over my thumb drives and sure felt the pull to get away. Today I made reservations for a little Casita at Madera Canyon for next weekend . I was afraid we wouldn't get anything since it is the holiday. We sure lucked out as we got the last one. My daughter Tracy and I will go together. I would go alone if she didn't want to go. Maybe getting this one trip under my belt will get me to  head up to the White Mountains.

Good Night All

3 comments:

  1. If you are planning on a trip you'll want to do it before the change of the seasons when you could see some white stuff coming down.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! So happy you're getting away, and maybe you will get that White Mtn trip in before yr end, there is still plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick and Kathy,
    I'm going this coming weekend. It isn't a White Mountain trip but Madera Caynon which is just up from Green Valley, AZ. But it is a get away!

    Hi Sondra,

    Thank you I need this trip and so does my daughter. I'm so excited haha and yes I still have plenty of time to do the White Mountian's before it gets to cold it never bothered me before but I had a trailer back then

    ReplyDelete